What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this?

just got my desert warrior through! lovely looking gun and feel is good too have no gas so cant try it out but regardless! back to the topic in hand.
    in a little bag there where two little plastic bits that slot into the top of the spring guide in the mag. there are instructions but there in foreign so does anyone know what these little plastic bits are? or am i being stupid once again thanks guys!

Re: Wht the hell is this?

read the picture thats what i do, it looks to be the bb follower
    Originally posted by jonnyhal
    For Sale: very nice heavy springer
    Originally posted by soulflame2
    when it says 'springer' does that mean its a spring powered gun? not a semi auto

Comment

Its it a TM or a WE? And yes, looks like the follower.

Comment

i did. i even put it in! it slots in snuggly without taking anything off the mag i have no idea!

Comment

So does it reduce the mags capacity when inserted? Or is It just one follower, like on all GBBs?

Comment

Don't you use it to load your mag? TM 1911's normally come with that sort of thing, it clips in under the mag and holds the spring down so you can fill it without keeping your finger on the latch

Comment

as foxhound said. its a mag loader, you use it to drag down the follower to load the mag..

no more broken nails
              Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

really? theres no handle or latch or notch to get ya finger in. and it would decrease the capacity by 4-6 if inserted :S very confusing

Comment

i know people like racking it with the mag in could it be for that? its definitely not a follower it doesn't reach the top of the mag so the bb's wont either but what it does do is hold the original follower down so maybe you can rack it without it locking back? no idea!

Comment

maybe it's to turn the mag into a milsim mag? lol!

Comment

it looks to me like a spare mag spring top. The part that sits on top of the spring, and pushes the bbs up the mag. If thats the 'follower' (not sure what that is!) it could just be a spare one?

Comment

I thought it was for display purposes, removes the gun's slide catch's purpose, it disable the slide locking back for that magazine.

Comment

a friend says it is to reduce magazine capacity for use in cold weather so it will cycle all loaded shots instead of leaving some in the magazine
                          trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

If it disables the slide lock, it could be useful for making movies. The gun could be fired with just gas without the slide locking back.

- A "Blank-firing attachment" for airsoft guns...

Comment

Originally posted by ste887 View Post
                              a friend says it is to reduce magazine capacity for use in cold weather so it will cycle all loaded shots instead of leaving some in the magazine
                              Milsim mag...i was half right :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                              Working...
                              X