Scopes + Sniper rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scopes + Sniper rifle

Hey guys i was wondering what can i do to straighten the shot when it comes through the barrel because when i take a shot and look in the scope it swerves to the "right" and "up" a small amount.

what can i do to cause it to straighten the shot to shoot straight when looking through the scope?

cheers
    King :D

Re: Scopes + Sniper rifle

Adjust hop-up
    Adjust scope

Comment

i have adjusted both but my scope is really annoying as it seems to be not moving but will try again, i was panning to compensate by using heavier bb's like 0.25g or 0.3g to cause it to stay straight on where it is shooting on the scope so this would lower the back spin which makes it go up and hopefully stay on straight and i will adjust hop-up

Comment

what gun is it your using?

try barrel spacers, make sure all screws are tight as can be especially arround the scope area including the rail.

try using some barrel sapcers / make your own

what upgrades does the gun already have?

when was it last serviced / cleaned out?

what fps you at?

need more details about the rifle really before i can give more advice.

Comment

This is a DE M50

DE M50
          firing 330 fps
          Going to clean barrel soon when i get the materials
          i will screw the scope and stock and whole bit
          and no upgrades

Comment

If its consistantly swearing up n right a small amount and i mean all the time then adjust your scope accordingly

if its random

clean the barrel
            sort the hop out as in clean it if you can and adjust it and also select the right BB weight, your using a de m50 so a .30 will be ideal.
            and then zero the scope once more

you shouldnt adjust the hop to the scope, do the hop first and then the scope

Comment

ye ill do that mate thanks for the advice and i will do it

Comment

To add to the above, when you use the adjusters, you wont see much movement at all, most scopes are setup (normally says on the scope) something along the lines (scope dependant, price dependent, and maximum range dependent) of for every click of the dial equats to about 1/4 of an inch at a 100m (or yards I cant remember, that is just a number off the top of my head), now 1/4 of an inch isnt much, but just think how much you have moved the gun to get that differance, its a finger twitch over 100m.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Its a verry cheap sniper and verry low fps....

to be honest your not going to be able to completely get rid of the bb swerving arround entirely your just going ot be losing range.

the max ammo weight you should be using is 0.25g really at under 350fps.

i don't know what you can do upgrade wise to the gun but if it was mine and you want to be a decent sniper try and sell it and get a cheapo warrior l96 or vsr.

if you want to keep it and can upgrade it the first things you might want to consider is a tightbore barrel and new hop rubber. a new barrel and hop rubber resolved the bb swerving i had, but upgrades you spend on that would be a waste really considering you can get an l96 for £100 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by badas View Post
                    Its a verry cheap sniper and verry low fps....
                    That sums up everything, just buy a TM VSR/JG BAR-10 and slowly upgrade it when funds permit

Comment

Ive found anything lower than a .28 never goes same place in the scope. Went up to .3s and always go where i want them but thats with 380 fps.

Originally posted by Metalbody
                      pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

As said with the scope remember its a click = 1/4" at 100 yards. In other words when your rifle is shooting max of around 60 yards you need to move it a fair bit.

Also make sure you clean the barrel and make sure it has no lube or anything left in when you have cleaned it (couple of goes with dry j-cloth will do this)

As for the M50 well they are notourious for being rubbish when it comes to accuracy, hence marshalls at my site getting tired of young guns screaming "I hit him!" with an m50 aiming at a running target at 100 meters, now the chances of them hitting them are very remote compared to that of a fully tuned sniper rifle with say 480fps and the best barrel/hop up unit around.

Just remember the M50 is the starter sniper rifle, if you have found you like sniping, sell it and get a VSR.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

oh ok will do how much are usually vsr tm

Comment

If there going to the right take the gun apart and turn the hop up rubber to the left to compensate.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                            A brain?
                            Originally posted by snuff
                            Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

VSR can set you back anything from like £50 for a second hand bog standard up to £1000 for a fully upgraded rifle.

Just keep an eye out on the forums.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kinglemon Find out more about kinglemon
                              Working...
                              X