'Softing with Deaf people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Softing with Deaf people?

I come from a deaf family and i took my Dad for a good old skirmish.....

I was basically his Ears :D made for the most stealthy ambush game ever!

*picture me signing to another person*

Communication with no sound

So my question is...

Has anyone ever had the experience of Airsofting with anyone who has a disability, or even yourself?

Im just curious as i thoroughly enjoyed myself... gives a new outlook onto the game :D

Sean
    Incase the taliban start bringing tacticool M4s to firefights..

Re: 'Softing with Deaf people?

used to have a deaf lad play at SYA , a few yrs back
    once we,d sorted hand signals out , no probs
    only thing was he couldnt go point ( only because he needed line of sight on the team )
    dont point that thing at me

Comment

Originally posted by arlins View Post
      used to have a deaf lad play at SYA , a few yrs back
      once we,d sorted hand signals out , no probs
      only thing was he couldnt go point ( only because he needed line of sight on the team )
      Ah sweet :D

They usually have ridiculously good visual awareness though... my dad spotted someone Milleesss away XD
      Incase the taliban start bringing tacticool M4s to firefights..

Comment

I was at GZW one where there was this nice gentleman on the opposing team who (from what I could see) had lost his arm. Very nice fellow, wish I could have gotten to know him better! Still trying to work out how he reloaded his M4 whilst playing.....

Comment

I think it would be quite interesting playing with deaf people. Would be good to use all the hand signals and stuff that I have learnt to communicate with them (providing they know them as well, if not then would be screwed ).

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
            I was at GZW one where there was this nice gentleman on the opposing team who (from what I could see) had lost his arm. Very nice fellow, wish I could have gotten to know him better! Still trying to work out how he reloaded his M4 whilst playing.....
            stick it inbetween your legs
            TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

stick it inbetween your legs
              I suppose. It would be awkward though, considering it was full metal, with an M203 and Eotech.

My hat's off to him if he managed it though.

Comment

or lay it on the floor for simplicity. They do one handed reloads on those magpul instruction videos inbetween the legs so I assume thats the most efficient method
                TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Need to sort out some kind of rally point in case you get split up from someone who cant hear. Last thing you want is some one unfortunate enough to not be able to hear, to be lost in a massive wood.
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by sjohnson View Post
                    Ah sweet :D

They usually have ridiculously good visual awareness though... my dad spotted someone Milleesss away XD
                    from what I've seen on the discovery channel the part of the brain that controls and processes hearing actually is rewired to other senses and that on average deaf people have a wider periferal field and can process the images better

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1987 View Post
                      from what I've seen on the discovery channel the part of the brain that controls and processes hearing actually is rewired to other senses and that on average deaf people have a wider periferal field and can process the images better
                      that's really interesting. so it works in a similar way to how blind people's hearing becomes very keen and acute? I think that's how it works right?

Comment

I've airsofted (and hopefully will do again) with a girl thats completely deaf. She learnt to lip-read and me and her have our own hand signals worked out.

Each one usually involves letting the enemy team guy getting a full auto burst

"Superior Firepower: If it's not working, you're not using enough!"

Comment

There's a training DVD somewhere teaches you how to do all this. Basically how to change ammo and put on gas masks when you have had limbs disabled through battle injuries. I can get you the details if you want but they aren't cheap as they are professional military training aids
                          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Just have a large box mag perhaps
                            TAE

Comment

Just have a large box mag perhaps
                              He was using MAG Midcaps :|

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sjohnson Uhh student, Lack of money. but strategy doesnt cost a penny.. Find out more about sjohnson
                              Working...
                              X