Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Looking Gun

Originally posted by Utrinque Paratus View Post
    Yes, but people carry pistols because they are VERY compact. It just straps to your chest/leg. Anything longer gets in the way far more.
    What's the range/stopping power of a pistol though? From what I've heard, real experience of pistol use doesn't yield effective results beyond 20m, even with a highly experienced user. After talking to an ex-forces bloke I airsoft with, I get the impression that a pistol is to be regarded as an elaborate knife in a combat situation.

The ability to use ammunition that is readily available and capable of penetrating and tumbling over longer ranges in an extremely compact gun SOUNDS like a good idea to me. Especially for tank crews and confined space users, that only want to carry a single weapon.

Of course, in an airsoft situation, the choice is pure aesthetic.

Comment

Tank crews already have the AFV, which has the added advantage of a 4x mag sight, and helicopter crews have the carbine, which yields similar results to the standard L85. I imagine its the same for most armed forces around the world, they all have carbine or shorter weapons that are compact enough, but retain a reasonable amount of accuracy. I think they're filling a gap that simply doesn't need to be filled.

Comment

Tank crews already have the AFV, which has the added advantage of a 4x mag sight, and helicopter crews have the carbine, which yields similar results to the standard L85. I imagine its the same for most armed forces around the world, they all have carbine or shorter weapons that are compact enough, but retain a reasonable amount of accuracy. I think they're filling a gap that simply doesn't need to be filled.
        By that standpoint though, what's the point in ever making a new gun again? Everyone already has a gun...

Comment

Rifle: AK74u
          SMG: UZI
          Pistol: berretta's
          Sniper: SVD
          Support gun: PKM
          Shotgun: Saiga

Boris
          K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Rifle: Masada
            SMG: Kac PDW
            Pistol: M1911
            Sniper Rifle: L115a3
            Support Gun: MG42
            Last edited by Queboo12; 29 October, 2010, 17:15.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
              By that standpoint though, what's the point in ever making a new gun again? Everyone already has a gun...
              Not true, I was making the point that why make a gun that doesn't perform/fulfil as many requirements as the ones already out there? :D

Comment

Not true, I was making the point that why make a gun that doesn't perform/fulfil as many requirements as the ones already out there? :D
                I'd say it does (or would do) though, it's small, lightweight, has reasonable stopping power, fires commonly found ammunition, has a layout that maximises barrel length within the overall length of the gun and has a bunch of rail.

Of course there are other options, but that's the same with any other gun... How many handguns are there that fire the same ammo and have no real differences?

Comment

Lets just agree to disagree. At the end of the day, I think we both feel that different aspects of guns are more important than others.

Comment

Lets just agree to disagree. At the end of the day, I think we both feel that different aspects of guns are more important than others.
                    No worries! It is refreshing to have a debate as opposed to an argument though!

Comment

Rifle-m16a1
                      smg-UMP
                      Sniper-Intervention
                      Support-Aug Hbar
                      shotgun-m500 (chrome and wood finish)

Comment

why do so many people like the DSR-1 its a horrible looking gun, personally it goes....

rifle: well in terms of 'beauty' probably an AK, m14 or m4 but in terms of looks which I consider a bit different to beauty its got to be a G3SG1 or L1A1.
                        SMG: can't beat untampered mp5 or a sterling.
                        pistol: M1911(again untampered)
                        sniper: M21, Remington 700 or a DMR m16
                        support: RPK, MG42
                        shotgun: Remington 870.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GrammarNazi75 Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Find out more about GrammarNazi75
                        Working...
                        X