2. is the front end 9 inch or 7 inch ?

any help greatly appreciated.

Re: LaRue m4 ris

1. not sure

2. depends what you choose mate, comes in 7,9,11,12
    hasta la vista, baby

Comment

yh ino what sizes there are which is what is confusing me so much, just need to know what size is right for a standard m4a1

Comment

1. Unlikely without mods
        2. Standard carbine length is 7"

Comment

I've got the same gun and I'm getting the 9" version (removing the front-sight post and using MBUS). I fully anticipate having to re-thread the upper receiver to accept the RAS. I don't own any rethreading kit so I'm going to try and do it the cheap way:

1) lube up threads
          2) screw on until it stops (don't force too much)
          3) unwind
          4) Redo 2 - 3 until the threads re-cut and it sits on nicely

Hopefully that'll work. If it doesn't I'll have to track down a madbull rethreading tool :P

If you aren't comfortable doing mods on the gun, then you will probably have to stick with ICS brand parts. I have heard rumors that G&P stuff uses the same threading, but I've never been able to secure definitive proof. I may end up getting a G&P delta-ring for £20 just to see if it does go on without problems.

If you do end up getting the LaRue 7" can you drop me a PM with the manufacturer and let me know if it does fit without mods.

Cheers,
          Cpl Dave

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GH0ST NAME: Böse Arzt....... 2ic of the fallen angels, we are back from heaven Find out more about GH0ST
          Working...
          X