Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Anyone Want To Help With My 'Half Sim' Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Want To Help With My 'Half Sim' Idea?

Been toying with the idea of opening a site in my local area (yea, I know we all do!). But this stands a good chance, just finishing a business degree this month, and I'm looking to start a business this year!

I can't help notice the massive number of new sites, so I'm looking to aim at a slightly different market!

This is where your help is required, I'm looking to develop something which I've called 'Half Sim'. The idea is to find some middle ground which is somewhere between MilSim and Sunday Skirmish - closer to Skirmish though! Just some co-ordination, not strict patrols, uniforms etc.

I, for one, am a little bored with the same old 30 min senarios, and a lot of attack/defend. Essentially the same thing week in and out. I'd like something a little more tactical, which isn't just another all out frontal assault. Nothing major, just something where co-ordination is slightly required. All out attack on a base impossible, little distraction team wins the day etc. A chance to use a bit of cunning and thinking!

However, best laid plans of mice and men! Will this just end up with a breifing, followed by everyone doing their own thing anyway? Essentially, is there a market for this? Are you willing to be "directed" by a team leader for the end goal, or are you going to always do your own thing anyway?!

Anyone else not ready for MilSim, but above the normal skirmish rabble?

Discuss :D

Re: Anyone Want To Help With My 'Half Sim' Idea?

good idea, where you gonna get the money/land from?
    Originally posted by owainthegreat
    You sir, are a potato.

Comment

im always up for a change in game style ... couldnt agree with you more about the half hour games boaring as hell ... there could be a market for it if there is enough interest ... if you do go for it then i will probably be a regular face lol
      Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Hmmm.. Was it you business degree that taught you it was a good idea to post your new ideas that were going to give you an edge over the market to an audience of thousands before you have actually implemented it? :p

But on a more serious note, i think it would be a good idea, if you have a strong atmosphere and the majority of players are friends and regulars that follow the rules, then i would think that newbies would follow that trend, you just have to make sure tht everyone there of more authority is following the rules. Sounds good to me.
        Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Originally posted by rwardle33 View Post
          good idea, where you gonna get the money/land from?
          Ideally renting, looking for 20 acres(ish). Might have to buy though due to lack of rental land about. But if I do this, it will be the top site in Kent. Looking at 5k-10k investment in theming, buildings and facilities.

(Business partners welcomed, PM me )

Back on the topic though, any suggestions or comments on the "Half Sim" idea.

Comment

Maybe have section commanders? Platoons maybe?

Although be carefull not to over do it, but someone with a little experience as a commander could be alright perhaps??

Comment

In terms of location, the one thing I think is lacking in Airsoft is some *decent* urban scenarios.
              The only downside I can see to your 'half-sim' idea is that it might degrade into full milsim, or a ffa if not regimented properly...would be very difficult to control.
              I'd be up for some sort of milsim scenario that's not fully milsim - like "come in whatever gear you want and do these missions, organise your team in your own way". If that makes sense.. not really thinking clearly at the mo so this may be completely useless :P
              Trader feedback thread

Comment

Give proper sinarios, like, "Theres a downed pilot in enemy teritorry, your job is to locate, and safely rescue the pilot."

Unlike the normal, "see how long it takes to over run the bridge...." *Yawn*

Comment

Originally posted by owainthegreat View Post
                  Give proper sinarios, like, "Theres a downed pilot in enemy teritorry, your job is to locate, and safely rescue the pilot."

Unlike the normal, "see how long it takes to over run the bridge...." *Yawn*
                  haha this is why players quit .. that and parent hood and redundancy

Comment

Maybe mix both urban and woodland into one. Maybe build several buildings around the site and have bunkers and trenches all over the place.

G&P M4A1 Mariiiiine

Comment

anyone want to help build him a site?

Comment

Yup, that's why ive stopped going to my sight, moving to a better one.

James, so long as you keep the games realistic, and not the conventional paint ball games that we always seems to be doing on snuday, i'm sure you'll get the half sim your after.

Comment

guys basically you guys have just described ground zero. Jagillham you should come down to gz it has a non stop roll on roll of when you want. you are able to be tactical or just wonder around its totaly up to. You should come down and do some bunisses reserch lol

Joe

Comment

I'll come to GZ one day, it does look great. Being in Kent though, it would be a 400mile round journey. But will see you at the weekender!

In response to somebody about telling the world an idea. I agree with what you say a bit, but what I'm after is ideas. I suppose I'm relying on their being a difference between many people with a good idea, and the one person who gets up and makes it happen.

Comment

I had an idea acouple of weeks back but don't know enough to inplement it.

rent or buy a warehouse and do it up, proper urban style, not just an old abandoned fort or some shack, but a proper warehouse.

think of the courthouse style thing in bristol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                              Working...
                              X