This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Companies

Due the mixture of parts my 1911 is very mix and match when it comes to colour so does any body know any companies that would be able to remove the paint off the various parts and repaint them....

Thanks
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should......

Re: Painting Companies

Zero one! The only company your allowed to use on this forum.

Or DIY with some paint remover/hot air gun then do the job yourself with krylon etc.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I don't really want a quick spray with krylon due to the amount of money I've spent on it I want it done properly.

Comment

Well if you strip it back to the metal base (Assuming its metal otherwise you will have to sand it only) use krylon but use a base layer then build it up with 3 or 4 layers and a final clear finish matt would be more suited just to varnish it over to help prevent chipping.

To be honest that is all a shop will do and charge for 90% of shops just either A) krylon the gun over a few layers in the above way or b) Dip the gun which is the worst thing I've had a HK two tone my m9 when I first got it (before I got my UKARA) by literally taking the gun, covering up the inner barrel with wadding then literally dipping the gun up to half way in green paint. Hence it took a lot of hours stripping the gun back to metal and painting it black again as well as getting the paint out of all the bits it shouldn't of been in.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

This has been dealt with. Please close.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bezza806 Find out more about Bezza806
          Working...
          X