Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Power Problem

Wierd one this.

Seem to have mixed results using green gas - Im specifically talking about Zeros's own green gas.

Bought a new TM Glock with upgraded parts recently (inc metal slide) and its perfect. However, using the aforementioned green gas in it (as recommended) yielded poor results - the gun hardly fired at all, slide wasnt forced back at all etc. V weird.

I tried it on a TM plastic slide Glock - same issues.

Wondered if it was the mags at fault....

So I decided to go buy a propane adapter and a cheap bottle of propane (with the silicon lube)

Wahhaay! proper shooting once again - decent snappy feedback from both guns and a rather odd stench at the end. Well worth it.

Propane + adapter = superb.

Anyone else have problems with the rather 'weak' Zero green gas?
    Last edited by Fitch; 5 November, 2010, 11:23.

Re: I got gas!

Yes, Z1 "green gas" is awful,

the gunsmith at my local site bought a bulk lot of this as it was dirt cheap, but was incredibly dissapointed by the results. He did some tests to compare it and heres the results:

GAS:................................Std TM Hicapa............................Custom Hicapa

134a...................................237fps..... .................................228fps
    Abbey Ultra...........................276fps............ ..........................263fps
    Green gas/Propane..................294fps................... ...................316fps
    Zero One green.......................234fps................ .....................213fps

So there you can see, Z1 "green gas" is weaker than 134a gas...

He contacted Z1 and complained about it, they told him "he must have a dodgey batch" and would refund him for any unopened bottles. Which is fair enough I suppose, but it seems he didnt have a "dodgey batch", everyone whos used it has complained about it being crap.

Comment

Re: I got gas!

My assumptions prove correct

Comment

Re: Gas Power Problem

I had a chat with Neil at Z1 about thier gas a little while back and apparently its due to expansion rates at a given temperature. Apparently Z1 green is much better in colder weather because it isn't affected as much by temperature as propane/abbey ultra/etc but in the summer it dosen't get much of a benefit from the warm weather. He advised me to use abbey in the summer as that does work better in warm weather.

However he couldn't explain why all cans of Z1 green have worked fine in my metal 1911 (TM) up until the last one I bought, which failed miserably. Neither did a can my friend bought (that wouldnt even cycle his plastic d'eagle). He did offer a refund for both cans, so you cant really say fairer than that. (Bought some abbey, and that worked fine).

Comment

Originally posted by MajorLandmark View Post
          apparently its due to expansion rates at a given temperature. Apparently Z1 green is much better in colder weather because it isn't affected as much by temperature as propane/abbey ultra/etc

Im gonna call BS on that Ives used Z1 green in my TM FN-5.7 in cold weather and it performed ABYSMALLY. It fired about 2 shots then vented the whole mag. I then switched back to abbey ultra and it performed fine and gained about 40fps.

Comment

10 4 on that - This is the second can Ive owned in 6 months and its always been poor for me compared with Predator gas etc. And the fact that its "defininitely not summer" now means the theory of expanding gas in different seasons doesnt really stick to be honest.

Im glad others have experienced the same - I will get in touch with Zero and see if I can get a refund, well, for at least THIS can.

It is cheaper than the other canned gas, but if its useless its essentially worthless.

Comment

same, rubbish in my tm glock 26 :L
              Originally posted by jonnyhal
              For Sale: very nice heavy springer
              Originally posted by soulflame2
              when it says 'springer' does that mean its a spring powered gun? not a semi auto

Comment

Dare i say it but i wonder if they are being sold 134a in green gas cans??

Comment

I can also confirm this, I bought Z1 green gas for my hi-capa and it was pathetic...utterly pathetic. I have now seen the light and use colemans propane...awesome!
                  Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Also, TM Glocks have weak hammer springs.

The extra pressure of anything over Ultra often stops the hammer from properly releasing enough gas.

And........Z1 gas is poo in a can

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fitch Find out more about Fitch
                    Working...
                    X