How long before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How long before?

Guys you what's in order a Rogue Traders Airsoft mishaps/postage failure special lol :D

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
    You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
    Kid has issues

Comment

If you dont let them know about the problem they cant ever fix it!

I got a friend whos a "letter writter" you wouldnt believe what she gets for free...

she once complained about the amount of red sweets she had in a bag of sweets and they sent here bags and bags of red sweets. With an appology letter lol. Then said the % of red had been adjusted on the machines.

yet i still dont do it when im wronged.

Some of these companys take a written letter really seriously. Some times heads roll. you never know till you try.

Comment

If the item was sent recorded and not arrived within a week and has 'in progress' on the tracking it has been lost by RM.

This has happened to me twice now within the past 6 months.

I hope for the sellers sake the item wasnt worth more then £42 and that they have original proof of purchase otherwise they are screwed.
        Originally posted by richardy
        Its like preying to the mechbox gods, but preying to the angel of alignment, give us speedy and safe entry into the 1st tooth of life.
        Amen.
        Originally posted by midas
        lol....Oh forgive me gun tech for I have sinned....

Comment

It's not down to you to chase the delivery. Until you receive the parcel it's the seller's responsibility. It's not your item until you get it - while it's still in the post it's his item. If it goes missing it's up to him to refund you and chase the matter with the Post Office. He should be sorting this out. That's the legal side of it.

Those sellers who tell you the tracking number thinking that absolves them of all responbibility are wrong. If you had bought it from a company they wouldn't tell you to sort it yourself, would they? The same applies to private sellers. If it doesn't arrive then they owe you a refund. It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
            any of the 24 hr services are garrentied or a % of your money back. If you read the terms and conditions.

With regards royal mail, i use them for all my packages, ive sent out about 200 now, each and every one has arrived with no problems. ratio of 100 uk to 100 international.

I cant imagine a package not arriving due to royal mail, Theres always the chance i forget to send it / delay in sending it, and the seller send me an email asking why or the buyer not realise it been delivered but in some cases there mum took the package in and didnt tell him, or another next door took the package in.

long and short of it any problems havent been to royal mail.

either way 200 win vs 0 lose.
            +1 Always used them with no probs. Last time i used PF24 it was 24 hours late so i appealed by filling in a form and shortly got 50% refund, so basically i payed 7.50 for PF48.

Comment

ok, the parcel not here today , and it has been a week .....

thinking of writing another email

Comment

Read the terms and conditions of the service, they cover their backs... You do actually have the tracking number don't you?

Comment

read the thread, i have the tracking number ...

Comment

I once sent something special delivery, next day (Saturday). It didn't get delivered until Monday, so I put in a claim. A couple of weeks later, I got back 100% of the postage.

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                      hope so to , other wise they can start getting emails with legal action, as it is every other parcel it is late ...
                      read the thread, i have the tracking number ...
                      I did, it was just that you mentioned "he checked it" which made me doubt he might have even sent it to you.

A friend of mine has had a two really terrible transaction on here lately, so my confidence has been knocked somewhat.

Depending on what the item is, you might be able to kick the RM into action if you call them and say the item was "potentially sensitive" if it has gone missing. They should be able to track what point it was last seen and give you an update.

Comment

yeah it was a very important item ...

and yeah we both checked the number but still saying processing....

really annoyed as the posy this morning says there is nothing waiting at the sorting office .

Comment

yeah it was a very important item ...

and yeah we both checked the number but still saying processing....

really annoyed as the posy this morning says there is nothing waiting at the sorting office .
                          Is it a RIF or something else? I bet they will get their arses in gear if they thing they have lost a RIF...

BTW, I know it sounds stupid, but my postie sometimes leaves things in this funny little milk bottle box I have next to the door... It's annoying and I'd rather not risk it, so I asked him not to after I thought an item was in the post for 3 days. Turns out it was in the box all along.

Comment

nope there no other places to put it, sue to the area i live in mate, where everything even old engine oil gets nicked

my house is like a fort with security , only place in post box,

and it an rif item ...

Comment

nope there no other places to put it, sue to the area i live in mate, where everything even old engine oil gets nicked

my house is like a fort with security , only place in post box,

and it an rif item ...
                              Ah, worth a try though, I was fuming when my stuff got left outside, I know the postie was only trying to help, but my neighbours are pretty dodgy... Mind you, they probably think I'm a bit odd running out of the house in combat gear in the early hours at weekends.

I probably would try saying you were concerned that the item you posted could be a bit sensitive if it's gone missing, and it might be in their interest to ascertain the whereabouts of it... I'm not sure what their rules on RIF carriage are though...

Comment

My postman once left a boxed pistol outside my front door beside my bin, I went spare!! And when I told him what it was he **** himself and never done it again!!

I had a major issue 2 months back when I sent someone an xbox controller and he swore he never got it, I sent him another one and it took 3 weeks to arrive, hardly 1st class. When I had a word with my post office that I use alot. She pretty much said "it happens" in the nicest way she could. Funny enough DHL are getting sniffed at for deliveries now.
                                Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 8 November, 2010, 16:53. Reason: swearing

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X