sights for an AK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sights for an AK

I really fancy some kind of optics on my AK74, not really looking for anything magnified, more some sort of red dot sight. Now the most obvious choice is a Kobra, however I cant seem to find any of the chinese replicas and Im niether willing or able to pay for a real steel version!

So what other options do I have? I was thinking of getting one of the easily available 20mm RIS rail AK side mounts and putting something on it, but not sure what. Any suggestions as to what would look right?

Re: sights for an AK

I had one of those side railes. It didnt fit, which was weird. I couldnt recommend one im afraid. When i did manage to get it on, it wasnt even pointing straight. The rail kits that sit over the top of the rear iron sight block are probably a better bet. One of those, and a very wide lens red dot sight would be alright!

Comment

sit over the rear iron sight? Dont think Ive seen one of those before, got a link or piccy?

Yeah a big plain red dot reflex sight is kinda what I was thinking of, obviously a capitalist pigdog ACOG or EoTech could go nowhere near an AK!

Comment

Aimpoint or Eotech on a front handguard RIS?

Comment

cmore sight on a mtk-83 mount looks good
          trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

i was thinking of doing something along the lines as this with an ak top cover

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2531

Comment

Like ben said, you can fairly easily pick up railed top half hand guards for around $30 from a certain hobby shop in the land of magic carpets.

This is what i was on about...

Comment

if its a 74 you should have a side rail, get the 20mm ris rail and mount whatever sights you like.

more and more i've seen pictures over the past 10 years where russian forces use western gear just as much as their own so go for it, especially if its an all black number.

i've seen 552's on 105's and and russian special forces have adopted reflex sights which do look quite fetching on an ak believe it or not.

going real steal russian will destory your bank account unfortunately.

Boris
                K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Clone Kobras are out there, it's just a question of waiting for one to come up.

Mine cost me £50 from here.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                    Clone Kobras are out there, it's just a question of waiting for one to come up.

Mine cost me £50 from here.
                    Brand new you can get one for £95 shipped off the 'bay
                    Search for 'ak red dot'

It's the only sight that really looks right on a 47. An AK74, especially with black polymer furniture is much more compatible with 'westernised' optics like Aimpoints, EOtechs etc.

Comment

I think an Aimpoint M4 would look quite fetching perched on the top of the handguard of a black 74MN

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                        I think an Aimpoint M4 would look quite fetching perched on the top of the handguard of a black 74MN
                        true.

first is an airsoft gun, from another forum, its a 105.

russian special forces of some sort, i'm pretty sure its sporting a 552.

and ultra modern russians in teh sexeh surpat, again with non rusky optics.

Boris

Comment

god dammit i want some reasonably priced surpat!

Comment

yeah if can get some surpat camo tape and the surpat assult vest my kit would pretty much be finished... well maybe a new ak 101 or 105 to finish it...

Boris

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                            Working...
                            X