Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

C02 kits for snipers - worth it? and what do you need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C02 kits for snipers - worth it? and what do you need?

First of all, sorry if I have named this thread wrong.

Basicly looking to fit an external co2 kit to a AW338 sniper, but wondered roughly how much it will set me back and what I need in order to pull it off?

What are the benefits and downfalls to having a kit like this installed on a sniper?

thanks

Re: C02 kits for snipers - worth it? and what do you need?

Plus side unlike the co2 mag from Ares the psi can be controlled
    Personal downside dont like the idea of a coiled line and external rig
    1 Squadron
    Swift and Sudden

Comment

Co2 is alot more stable in cold weather so better in winter.
      sigpic

Comment

I use one on my M700, very controllable. I found the 12g capsule adapters don't work to well, not enough internal pressure. Better off to get a small paint ball bottle, 20oz fits nicely in to a spare dump pouch and keeps going all week lol.
        "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
        Life in the fast lane........
        sigpic

Comment

Begadi are the company to look at I have a kit on my DSR. It consists of, what looks like a torch, this will clamp to a ris and it holds the 12g air capsule. It is fitted with an air pressure guage for your adjustable psi. You adjust it by turning a large allen bolt. The gauge however is not too accurate and will only give you an estimation of psi. I have once had it blow on me. Not pleasant I can assure you. Very scarey and very painful to your eardrums for a good 30 minutes or so.

It also comes with the following, the coiled air hose and connnectors for the hose for either end, a fitting kit for your mags this is basically the inlet valve for the hose and fits to the bottom or wherever you decide to place it. You have to drill the holes and fit it yourself so a little proficiency in this sort of thing would help. You don't want to ruin an otherwise good mag. And spare wax seals. These are to fit in the capsule holder and create an airseal when the spike pierces the capsule.

As for whether it is worth it. Not sure, I get good power, and fairly good economy, but I don't like the coiled pipe and ris mounted capsule holder. Also the not very accurate psi gauge, for me, is an issue. I don't use it that ofeten as I think it spoils the look of your gun.
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

how long does a capsule last you roughly at just under 500fps?

ty

Comment

50 or so shots so about 2 to 3 mags. This doesn't change whether the fps is lower or higher. It just works by forcing the same amount of air through but at a higher pressure.
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
              Working...
              X