Originally posted by iratecabbie View Post
    im a taxi driver!!.
    would never had guessed!!
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Re: Taxis and Airsoft

If you worried see if there is a Taxi Company that is recommended by the Site or is regularly used to go to the Site

Comment

ive used a taxi a quite a few times, just explain to them over the phone what you are doing, where you are and that the guns arent real and there shouldnt be a problem, i havent had an issue

edit: also if you might use taxis a few times, get the name and number of the guy picking you up/ dropping you off so you can use him each time, saves time and effort on explaining things and he will already know what the situation is

Comment

I got picked up from the '09 weekender by a cab, didnt bat an eyelid, although I did later find out he had been in the forces.

But there should be know reason to worry, cabbies in general are a good bunch so there is nothing a quick talk won't sort out.

Oh and do keep everything in bags, as you always should when moving any form of firearm

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
            would never had guessed!!

what gave me away?

Comment

your precise and insightful posts....could be from doing the knowledge
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

i did a psychology study on taxi drivers
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf View Post
                  Not on the size of their Hippocampus was it? :p

Comment

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf View Post
                    Ill be doing that study next week :P.

I believe it is the size of their hippocampus...whether they chose to be taxi drivers because theyre hippocampus's were already big, or that the training needed to be a london taxi driver made their hippocampus bigger.

and back on topic, ive done it many times, never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                      I believe it is the size of their hippocampus...whether they chose to be taxi drivers because theyre hippocampus's were already big, or that the training needed to be a london taxi driver made their hippocampus bigger.

Second one.

They showed that london cabbies had a much greater Hippocampus than non taxi drivers. (Hippocampus is associated with navigation and memory, birds and that have a large one)

But yes, back on topic

Comment

Hehe yep
                        sigpic

Comment

I've used a cab to get to a mate's house before airsoft with all my gear. Just before I got out the cabbie asked me what was in all my bags. I just said "I'm going for a military simulation game" as I couldn't be arsed to describe what airsoft was. He replied with "So you've got swords and stuff in them?". I told him it was rifles and the like. He just said "Cool" and that was it.

Comment

i dont have a hippo and im not allowed on campus (court order--just kidding!) but i am a good navigator!

Comment

I don't get why so many people keep asking this sort of question. It's not illegal to own airsoft guns, it's not illegal to transport them to and from a skirmish.
                              The only legal requirement is that they are in a sealed case of some sort when in a public place (i.e. getting it out of the boot and walking onto the site)
                              If the cabbie can't see what it is and you aren't looking all shifty and attracting suspicion there is no need to "declare" yourself. Plenty of people wear DPM as standard clothing, I'm sure they've seen it all, and as long as you give them their money, they probably won't care. If you're worried on the DPM front, just wear the trousers and a hoodie.
                              As a couple of people have said, use your common sense, if you'd rather inform the firm, go for it with the knowledge that it could cause more problems with uninformed people than just turning up with your stuff packed away.

Comment

You don't have to inform them of anything before hand but it normally comes up in the conversation so just tell the guy and keep you gear covered properly

Where I did do a bit of talking was because I was going to UCAP the site is in an odd location so I ask the driver if I could book him for the return. I got his name and when I phoned for the return the dispatcher said "oh yeah he mentioned you and we know where you are, he's busy but I've got another driver on the way"

When I the cab arrived this guy had even more questions and was really interested

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Crysis Hello! My names James, Business owner to E-Flux LTD. Find out more about Crysis
                                Working...
                                X