trigger response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trigger response

hey guys, i took my dboys kac pdw to its first skirmish tonight and it was an awsome gun however, the cqb site i play as it semi fire only and the gun was slugging on semi auto in terms of trigger response. also it sometimes stopped working in semi and i has to shoot in full to get semi working again.

so 2 questions,

how do i stop the stop shooting in semi thing?
    how to you better your guns trigger response?

cheers

I posted almost the same post about a month ago. Easiest way is to go up to the next voltage battery, i.e. If you're running an 8.4V move to a 9.6V. That's all I've done and it really helps. On top of that you can install a MOSFET, a decent one going for around £25 I think (correct me if I'm wrong) or you could go for a more complex device like the ASCU.

Then there are physical upgrades like a high-torque motor that will reach it's maximum velocity faster due to it's high amount of torque. And potentially high-speed gears? I've not tinkered with the gear box on mine so somebody with more experience than me can comment.

If you really want the best, you might end up re-fitting your gearbox, new motor, MOSFET and upgrading to lipo batteries.

Comment

Re: trigger response

If it was mine.....rubs hands....in a menacing manner....

Mosfet and rewire with decent silicon wire, high torque motor, 11.1 LiPo. Making sure you do the appropriate mods to the gearbox. You will be fine with the standard ratio gears.

Or if you want instant trigger response 14.8v LiPo, with 13:1 gears. But then you do have to worry about space as they are tiny guns.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

make sure you pull the trigger all the way back. To many treat them like real guns when rapid fireing on singles. You need to pull the triges back untill it disconnects the trigger for you.

Comment

Mosfet is the easiest way, its ok upping to a 9.6v battery but it wears your parts quicker and with it being dboys they can be hit and miss internals.

Plus if you spend around 50 quid you can get programmable to be able to lock it to semi, have full auto and 3 round burst.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Dream army mosfet , Cheap and cheerful and does the job

Hate.
            "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Like Richardy said, and work those finger muscles!

To be honest, the number of shots most guns can put down range in single isnt going to lead to anyone dodging a shot in time anyways!

Comment

Yup, stop half cocking. Thatl stop the semi-jams.

And as for trigger response, either nuke it with a rediculous LiPo, or learn to embrace the slow uptake, its just something an AEG does. Only way short is to fit all manner of extra bits like Mosfets and LiPos, or buying a Systema.

Or get a GBB. I tend to favour a GBB pistol on AEG semi games anyway.
                AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

With it being a D-Boys I'd get the gearbox serviced and make sure the air seal on the piston is perfect.
                  After that I'd change the spring to a lighter one (as sorting the air seal would most likely raise the FPS)
                  Next up I'd re wire it with high quality silicone wire and fit a mosfet
                  And finally a new motor, I'd just use a standard one like a TM EG1000

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                    ... or buying a Systema.
                    There are definitely cheaper alternatives :-p

Yeah I guess it really depends on how much modification you want to do. Uprating the battery = almost no effort at all. Changing the electronics is a fair bit of effort but doable whereas, personally, I'd rather have an experienced person modify my gearbox. Fitting a new motor would only take 10 minutes or so... Just gotta be careful on motor height so you don't kill your pinion gear(?) but you can just adjust it until it sounds right.

Comment

Cheaper, but I'd dispute better.

And none can really touch a GBB.
                      AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris wheeler Find out more about chris wheeler
                      Working...
                      X