GB-Tech gas charger, venting gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GB-Tech gas charger, venting gas

Don't know if anyone can help me out on this one, bought this gas charger intending to use it pretty much every skirmish as my whole load-out is pretty much all GBB and it hasn't really worked properly from day one.

It just vents gas anytime I try to use it on a mag. I've closely compared the nozzle to the nozzle on my cybergun gas and they appear to be identical in diametre and shape but for whatever reason, this nozzle doesn't work.

I'm absolutely stumped as what to do with this, I paid about 40 something quid for it and its never really worked and a certain airsoft shop I got it from just don't seem interested in either a refund or any help on the matter...

Re: GB-Tech gas charger, venting gas

Where does it vent from, the nozzle?

Do the mags have rubber surrounds on the infill valves?

Comment

Its venting right from the tip of the nozzle as if there was some discrepancy on the edge of it, but obviously no visible errors...

Comment

Which leads me onto....

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
        Do the mags have rubber surrounds on the infill valves?

Comment

Which leads me onto....
          Oh sorry, posting from mobile phone and posts are unclear. No, they do not have rubber surrounds.

Comment

That would help a lot :D

Get some silicone wire, cut a 2-3 mm piece, push out the wire, and place around the nozzle.

You'll then get a seal when you fill, so no more leaks.

I'd imagine the plastic nozzle on the gas bottle bends a little, so will sit flat against the mag. Where as the metal one will need to be perfectly at 90 degrees to seal!

Comment

That would help a lot :D

Get some silicone wire, cut a 2-3 mm piece, push out the wire, and place around the nozzle.

You'll then get a seal when you fill, so no more leaks.

I'd imagine the plastic nozzle on the gas bottle bends a little, so will sit flat against the mag. Where as the metal one will need to be perfectly at 90 degrees to seal!
              What the hell, thats genius! Thanks a lot, I may have some kicking about I'll try that.

Comment

No worries, let us know if it works

Comment

You original solution triggered another idea. I found some silicone aquarium sealant and carefully applied that around the very tip so it made a donut sort of shape.

Works perfectly

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iNK Find out more about iNK
                  Working...
                  X