Re: FA-MAS Creaking?

EDIT: Damn beaten to it

Comment

i was impressed with myn, completely standard

18 rps with an 8.4v battery,
        298 fps
        good range

only problem i had is that the selector switch contacts can be a bit temperamental
        KA BOOM, die zombies

Comment

Sanding the areas of contact works aswell, it pretty much silenced my FAMAS, but it won't sort the rigidity issues, as such when those areas wear thin again it will start creaking again.
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

Having held one they are generally only as creaky as any other plastic bodied RIF. An M4 can creak so can an pretty much any gun.

The FAMAS really only creaks because of the body being pretty much one big lump so it will flex due to the length of a single piece.

It's a great little gun. Wish i'd of taken the chance to buy one but couldn't be doing with the mag difference as I know i'd end up putting the wrong mags in my kit bag.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

A friend of mine has just bought a brand spanking new one (probably the first that has been sold from new in ages) - so maybe I can let you guys know what they are like out of the box.

Looking forward to it myself actually, I have never had one on my team that I can tinker with.

Comment

I found the battery cover/front grip moved a bit so just tape it tight once the battery is in.
                Only slight thing ive found is my wrist catches the mag release so the mag drops out

Comment

I had a Famas as my first gun, and yes it did creak if you flexed it too much, but with a range out the box matching that of dare I say it systema, the most bomb proof reliable gearbox Airsoft has ever seen and the reliability unmatched by anything else, you get a lot of package to make up for the plastic creak! However they are difficult to get spares for and magazines are expensive.
                  Oh the ROF is good as standard and they are pretty indestructible, I submerged mine by accident and it work perfectly once it finished pretending to be a water pistol! Wish I'd never sold it now!
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I'll echo the general sentiment here, they are pretty much tanks. Great stock performence
                    It is a bit creaky if you flex it, but creak-proofing it with tape definitely helps. Also, re: mags, you can mod m4 mags to fit and they still fit m4s fine, far cheaper and easier than buying a whole new set of mags, imho.
                    Originally posted by Tyler
                    to question him is as to kick the pope in the nuts.

Comment

It's not a huge amount of creaking. I mean unless you put your ear within a few inches away it's pretty quite. And you can stop it by not flexing it.
                      Originally posted by murta369
                      in soviet russia you remove the plastic from the paint.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                      Working...
                      X