Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Any SCAR GBB mags that exceed 30 rounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any SCAR GBB mags that exceed 30 rounds?

Sorry if it's a dum question, but I can't find a definitive answer and there seems to be several SCAR GBB's on the market.

I'm in love with the SCAR GBB (with EGLM) but I just can't get on with low-caps. If mid caps aren't available then I will settle for an AEG version but then I would really want it with EBB. Can anyone give any suggestions? Cheers

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
    TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Re: Any SCAR GBB mags that exceed 30 rounds?

wait for the TM shoot & recoil ebb scar-l to come out...
    failing that is the 30round mags for the WE or nothing i think

Comment

Yup, your two options are to wait for the TM EBB SCAR or learn to shoot

I kid, but I don't anticipate GBBRs getting anything more than low-caps anytime soon as you then introduce problems with the volume of gas you need to store to empty the mag, so you end up with alternative gas solutions or external feed, neither of which are particularly minor changes.

One of the things I so love about GBBR is the requirement for low-cap, personally
      I imagine I'm in a minority, but I would personally like more real-cap days at sites, not just mil-sim with mid caps, but real-cap and force people to play properly on occasion...

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladyr View Post
        Yup, your two options are to wait for the TM EBB SCAR or learn to shoot
        I can shoot, I do enough of that in my day job and in my spare time using armoury that doesn't fire plastic balls. Airsoft isn't quite the same as we all know. As for 'playing properly', I didn't realise we all had to use 30 round lows to make airsoft 'proper'

I asked the question because there are many reports of GBB mags holding enough gas for up to 3 reloads. Thats 90 rounds per mag which is fine for me. Given the size of an M4 mag relative to the space required for 90 BB's I'm fairly sure that there would be enough space left for the gas. I appreciate that quick sucessive shots could cause a problem with cooldown but I only ever fire semi anyway.

I guess I need to wait around for the TM. I had heard it was in the pipeline, do we have any firm delivery dates and does anyone know if it will come with an EGLM option?

Cheers

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR

Comment

Heh, I really was kidding, hence the "I kid" in the following paragraph.

Staying on topic, you do get 50 round mags for some GBBRs, though I've not seen any for the SCAR and I think you'd be lucky to expect anyone to turn out a mag with more capacity than that, it's in the manufacturers and players interest to try to ensure there is more gas than BBs and not the other way around when also accounting for cool-down and the other issues of partially/mostly depleted gas reservoirs for tail-end shots.

Off topic, on the 30rd issue, why I feel that would make airsoft "proper" is because even with mid-caps an AEG can begin to simulate a support weapon and one or two people can put down enough fire to cover an advance, while you can also rush a sniper hoping that if their first shot misses you can close the distance to where you can spray them out before they get a second off.
          Making people play with real-cap would, as much as anything can, force people to play in fire-teams, working as a group to cover an advance while at the same time suddenly making snipers significantly more deadly and really defining the role a support gunner can play, the latter of which is something that is made mostly irrelevant in many normal airsoft games.
          I appreciate it's not for everyone and wouldn't be *that* popular on too regular a basis, but I'd love at least a few games a year where people had to think about every shot they put out and how to work together to make their shots count.

Comment

One of the things I so love about GBBR is the requirement for low-cap, personally
            I imagine I'm in a minority, but I would personally like more real-cap days at sites, not just mil-sim with mid caps, but real-cap and force people to play properly on occasion...
            couldnt agree with you more mate, this exactly what i think and want

Comment

Staying on topic, you do get 50 round mags for some GBBRs, though I've not seen any for the SCAR and I think you'd be lucky to expect anyone to turn out a mag with more capacity than that, it's in the manufacturers and players interest to try to ensure there is more gas than BBs and not the other way around when also accounting for cool-down and the other issues of partially/mostly depleted gas reservoirs for tail-end shots.
              You may be right, but I still can't help feeling that there would be more than enough room in an M4 size mag to hold 90 BB's and enough gas to propel them, even accounting for cooldown. Gas depletion towards the end of the mag shouldn't come into it, liquid gas is liquid gas, giving the same pressure in the mag and shouldnt make any difference whether it's full or theres a thimble full left in the bottom. Once you're out of liquid then yes, it's game over but I still feel you would have got rid of 90BB's well before that.

I only say this because my GBB P226 will quite happily get though 50 bb's (2 mags) on one fill and has a gas reservoir a fraction of the size that you could fit in an M4 mag. I appreciate that the GBB engine in a rifle could (maybe) require more effort to sling the bolt, especially if your're asking for recoil too, but I reckon is possible.

Off topic - it's cool, I appreciate your thoughts and I would like more realism is airsoft myself but I don't feel 30 rounders are the way to go when one shot doesn't usually count for much, unlike real bullets.

Comment

i completely agree with this, one of the reasons I bought my WE Scar GBB was because of the 30 round mags and the fact that i would have to be much more accurate and conserve ammo.

Comment

it seems possible to get the bigger 450 round hi cap size mags.
                  that way if they made a gas one that size it would hold more gas. on realism terms im not sure whether they actually exist in real life or not, but they do them for normal winder mags.
                  turning them into a gas mag wouldn't be too hard for an airsoft manufacturer that way you would get more gas and rounds in them. looks a bit silly though sometimes with a bigger mag

although i agree realistic gun action surely would prompt realistic mag capacity

Comment

Guys, with all due respect I wasn't looking to turn this into a 'low caps rule' thread.

Having looked at whatever I can find on the TM, I reckon it will be around the £700 mark excluding the EGLM which, after adding it, a sight and maybe a couple extra mags could make the package hit the 1000 quid mark. Thats a bit of a kick in the nuts, even if it's a pukka bit of kit.

Looks like my hopes are dashed for the moment unless I make up some of my own mid cap gas mags (would be brave/interesting/stupid) or stomach a VFC/ARES/G&G electric version.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Planemo Find out more about Planemo
                    Working...
                    X