Famas: Upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Famas: Upgrades?

I had a look on the Z1 site today and couldn't see any FAMAS' in stock - however I've found them in stock on other UK retailer websites. On these other retailer sites, the TM was still only ~£170, which, considering Marui's renown, I think is pretty reasonable.
    Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Yeah, well the Famas should still be TM's cheapest weapon...

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post
        I had a look on the Z1 site today and couldn't see any FAMAS' in stock - however I've found them in stock on other UK retailer websites. On these other retailer sites, the TM was still only ~£170, which, considering Marui's renown, I think is pretty reasonable.
        Search FA-MAS
        Others till I die

Comment

Their range is pretty much on par with TM's older guns, which exceeds pretty much all clones, but i wouldn't push for as far as the M14, having had 3 F1s I didn't find them super accurate, certainly not there with the TM AK. The Range is decent, but the bbs tend to have a real sharp hook on them at the peak then drop off, where as others float till they drop.

Upgrade wise, the biggest limitations to the GB (Mechbox 1) is that fact that it uses the EG560 motor, which not only is fairly short for torque, but is a much smaller custom shape, meaning that your aftermarket options are fairly limited unless you want to take on a shell mod (like infernos) and custom build a bracket.
          The GB shell its self is built like a tank, if the motor dimensions were to modern spec, you'd have no worries about the main spring in a DMR rig, or high ROF build.

The gears are lower ratio than standard, paired with the EG560 is whats delivering the higher ROF. The bushings are standard 6mm though a little tighter, you will get 6mm steel ones in there which is more than enough. Most aftermarket v2/3 gears can also be used, higher ratios are the way to go if you want a DMR rate spring in there but don't want to take on the motor mod.

Reliability - Fantastic, there are still some around untouched from the mid 90s! A great 1st time gun!
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
            Their range is pretty much on par with TM's older guns, which exceeds pretty much all clones, but i wouldn't push for as far as the M14, having had 3 F1s I didn't find them super accurate, certainly not there with the TM AK. The Range is decent, but the bbs tend to have a real sharp hook on them at the peak then drop off, where as others float till they drop.

Upgrade wise, the biggest limitations to the GB (Mechbox 1) is that fact that it uses the EG560 motor, which not only is fairly short for torque, but is a much smaller custom shape, meaning that your aftermarket options are fairly limited unless you want to take on a shell mod (like infernos) and custom build a bracket.
            The GB shell its self is built like a tank, if the motor dimensions were to modern spec, you'd have no worries about the main spring in a DMR rig, or high ROF build.

The gears are lower ratio than standard, paired with the EG560 is whats delivering the higher ROF. The bushings are standard 6mm though a little tighter, you will get 6mm steel ones in there which is more than enough. Most aftermarket v2/3 gears can also be used, higher ratios are the way to go if you want a DMR rate spring in there but don't want to take on the motor mod.

Reliability - Fantastic, there are still some around untouched from the mid 90s! A great 1st time gun!
            Sounds good, ill talk to my gun tech friend who would be teaching me how to do it properly see what he says if its worth taking it on. thanks for the info really helpful

Comment

Originally posted by ElCarl View Post
              Search FA-MAS
              Roger that! :-D
              Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

IamLukifer Luke Find out more about IamLukifer
              Working...
              X