BB proofing an S10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB proofing an S10

As above really, looking for someone to do this for me or method of doing this myself. i've zero experiance with gas masks and would like to skirmish with one, i currently use a U.S(i Think) gas mask which has a polycarbonate visor shield but it doesnt fit with my DPM/PLCE loadout.

anyone have any contacts or methods that would help me BB proof this?
    cheers all.
    -Chris

Re: BB proofing an S10

If I were you I'd give Heroshark a Pm, he does a lot of high quality eye protection

Comment

As per above. Ninja'ed
      I think it will cost about £10-15

Comment

Couldnt you just fit mesh in place of the glass or whatever it uses
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
          Couldnt you just fit mesh in place of the glass or whatever it uses
          well gas masks are obvously meant to seal the face from chems/toxins ect so the seals around the eyepieces are really solid dug in, thus it requires special tools to remove the glass eyepieces.

thats how i understand it anyway. i doubt i could just bend the side of the gas mask and pop the lenses out. :S

i'll pm heroshark, does he do BBproofing/eye wear/protection stuff often?

cheers for the help so far all.
          - Chris

Comment

Id get impatient i think and start digging and smashing lol, dont listen to me!
            sigpic

Comment

yep as said heroshark ,i got one made by him and its great its taken lots of abuse and its still going strong after about 7 months of use.

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                Id get impatient i think and start digging and smashing lol, dont listen to me!
                lmao, i do the exact same, got a G96d today, (literally) and i've already snapped the bolt stop off and wonkified the barrel... i'm putting all the blame on it being a chinese gun though :P

Comment

Yep thats me all over, then you feel robbed by your own actions? how does that work lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Someone on an auction site sells them, with different colours, tested to 450fps.
                    sigpic
                    "I are God, lol."

Comment

I used to make and fit airsoft proof lenses, all your after is a sheet of 2mm polycarbonate which you can then trim down to size. A certain auction site sells the sheets circa £3-4. If you want tint just apply the film tint available also on said auction site, usually self adhesive so easy peasy.

All you gotta do is pry off the outer lense plastic retainer and then simply pop the old ones out and switch.

If your wanting to wear a filter in game take a hack saw straight through the side of the filter, empty out the charcoal, then simply tape back together, coloured tape looks more deliberate than black.

One final note, prepare to empty the sweat out of your mask between games, yum yum

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
                      Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

I bought a A5 3mm sheet of polycarbonate (for a different project) for £3.35 so it's cheap as chips really. Chances are epoxy resin would hold them in well.
                        Upcoming Games:
                        None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                        Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

put the mask on, open the inlet valve and insert the end of a can of expanding foam. empty the can of foam, the mask will fill with the foam covering your eyes preventing the penetration of BB's.

you must be sure to empty the entire can, and to be wearing the mask while you do this, so that it forms perfectly to your face and eyes.
                          -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                          -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Holy frikking necroposts batman
                            Originally posted by tackle
                            For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Why would you want to run around with one of those fuckers on?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X