Gun and customs clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun and customs clearance

I recently bought a MP5 from an overseas dealer. A founding member of the UKARA database though might I add.

They said they could not send the item with out proof of UKARA membership. So I sent over my details and the item was sent.

Now my item has been awaiting customs clearance in the international hub since the 7th of December. I have not been contacted by customs or parcel force.

Can I assume that everything is ok or should I contact parcel force?

The only reason I worry is the wolf that is red ask for a faxed copy of my dads UKARA form before send but not myself(possibly because I sent them the info via email immediately after my purchase).

However after checking today I'm still awaiting customs clearance but my fathers MP5 has been cleared...

Should I worry?

Re: Gun and customs clearance

have you spoke to parcelforce ?

Comment

In a nutshell not realy.
      1) its xmas
      2) with the current climate (bombs on cargo planes) id say they are checking and double checking everything.
      If you are worried a call to Parcelforce wont hurt, dont know myself if you can call HMRC but if you can that may also get you answers.

Comment

Yea I'm going to call parcel force tomorrow. I did email them but no one got back to me. And I couldn't find a way to contact customs directly :/

I was just curious if anyone else had the same experience. I was only worried as I did not send a faxed copy of my UKARA form only supplied the details.

Comment

Ok let me predict what will happen...

Parcel Force will say it's out of their hands as it's still customs still has it.

So you ring customs to enquire, the polite lady on the other end of the phone will inform you that they released your parcel on the XXdate at xx time and that you should ring Parcel Force back with this information.

You ring Parcel Force back and again they say customs still has it. You ask them if they are currently experiencing any delays, they say no.

You then whip out the fact that you rang customs and know for a fact that your parcel was released at xxtime on xxdate. They immediately backtrack and say they are infact experiencing delays.

You call head office, they are supremely polite and say they will ring the depot to try and get things moving and will update you by the end of the day.

They don't get back to you by the end of the day

You ring the following morning. " Sorry sir they are currently still working the delivery from **insert the date your parcel arrived**" He will ring you back with an update by 1500

1600 rolls along no update, you ring up "Still working xx delivery"

I think you get the jist of it. It took only 2 days for my items to be packed and shipped to the UK but another 5 working days for it to get from the "international hub" to my local depot (Where it would have been held up again whilst they send me a letter requesting I pay import duty).

Parcel Force is a joke this type of situation has happened to me on numerous occassions. More fool me for continuing to use the I suppose, never again though!
          "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't stop it from putting lego up its bum."

Comment

Yeah I imagine you are correct I only find it odd as my fathers gun has cleared and is awaiting for customs charges to be paid

Comment

Originally posted by SCARd4LIFE View Post
              I. A founding member of the UKARA database though might I add.

huh?

How come you've said your new to Airsoft on your profile then?

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
                huh?

How come you've said your new to Airsoft on your profile then?
                I think if you read it right, hes implying the supplier was a founding member of UKARA.

Comment

Yeep you're right!

Silly me

Comment

Ah it's finally cleared customs!

Now i just need to wait for them to rape my bank account

Comment

I can tell you from ordering loads of guns from Hong Kong. About 12 guns and loads more upgrade parts. That the best courier is TnT.

If the parcel does indeed get checked by customs. Tnt will deliver it to your door. Then send you a letter at a later date requesting payment of charges. TnT have generally got the parcel from Hong Kong to my door within 2-3 day!
                      "Sometimes seen but never heard"

Comment

Parcel force wont deliver the gun untill they send you an invoice and you pay it. I usually go to the depo and pay there and pick gun up at the same time.
                        AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1 View Post
                          I can tell you from ordering loads of guns from Hong Kong. About 12 guns and loads more upgrade parts. That the best courier is TnT.

If the parcel does indeed get checked by customs. Tnt will deliver it to your door. Then send you a letter at a later date requesting payment of charges. TnT have generally got the parcel from Hong Kong to my door within 2-3 day!
                          can recommend ups also. very smoothe experience with them. they have their own rif declaration system
                          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Anyone is better than parcelforce.
                            But if the supplier uses standard HK post you have no choice.

Comment

can also reccomend ups ,though any charges need to be paid on delivery on the doorstep either cheque or cash
                              m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SCARd4LIFE Change my mind a lot with what loads I like and how I play. Find out more about SCARd4LIFE
                              Working...
                              X