Heavier BB's accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heavier BB's accuracy

There are other up grades you can do to hops to impart far more hop over standard. There are a few people trialing some modified hop ups now with very good results.

All this follow through and wind is giving us a bad name...lol...

Follow through is keeping the gun still through the cycle. It was suggested the optimum barrel length was somewhere arround 300mm, mainly due to the fact people jerk the barrel arround. For accuracy and range, I would want something longer.

It was also trialed and found that the Element hop rubbers were as good as the Guarder clear.
    Last edited by North West Outpost; 19 December, 2010, 14:16.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I've always found that .28's and .30's appear to fly further and straighter than .20's and .25s... Even in pistols. To be honest I haven't bought anything less than .28's in over a year...

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
        Funny you should mention this. I was doing some research today, the person had carried out endless tests on every different fps, weight everything. His conclusion was that you got better distance and accuracy with 0.3's than you did with any other weight at 350 fps.

With 0.25's giving the flattest trajectory.

And 0.2's having least range.

The variences are all feet mind, nothing earth shattering. But supprising none the less.

So best accuracy 0.25 with the least variance. Not a lot in it give it a bash.

Also his research showed that 0.3 was the best for 500 fps too.
        Sorry to quote from near the top of the thread, but could you tell me where you are getting these results from? It sounds like its well worth reading through...

Dan

Comment

Thats fine, I'll pm you.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

For the love of christ, why do I have to keep seeing this topic come around and around and around!

There is a graph somewhere, it's interesting. .2s aren't ideal, .25s are in fasion, Range<>accuracy.

Comment

In my svd firing at 460-500 fps i use .28's but i think .3's would be best and it hurts more
              JG MP5 SD5/C02 Desert Eagle/ICS L86 LSW/Upgraded Warrior L96/Dynatech BFG

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104660

Comment

because looking at graphs is a pain as i seen too many this year lol and its annoying to understand it when im trying to get estimations for people who tried them

Comment

@kinglemon - that wasn't aimed at you. It was more the fact that someone asks the question, and the same people end up posting the same things every time. Can't we just save the thread somewhere so it shows up in searches. That said, the graph is very interesting. Various fps-weight-range comparisons. I probably should have just avoided the thread.

Comment

@MajorLandMark

sorry major

Comment

Z1 .2's in Pistols- Works surprisingly well in my 1911... about 30m range.
                      Z1 .25's in AEGs,
                      BAW .3's in Sniper Rifles.

Simples. Doesn't ever fail me, I run both an L96 and SVD on .3's with great results.

EDIT: Z1 really should bring out some own brand 0.3g BBs...
                      Last edited by Grounded_Pilot; 19 December, 2010, 22:30.
                      sigpic

Comment

Been using .25gs for well over a year now i all of my aegs and I've definitely noticed a diiderence in both range of accuracy even in my short barrelled weapons. In pistols I use .3g and again the accuracy and range is dramatically different to .2g. I wouldn't ever use the lighter ones again.

Comment

the point is that i am trying to get a estimation of what range i will get with .28's

if the fps i shoot with .2's is 330fps

Comment

In that case, 0.28g's you can't go far wrong. I'd estimate around 40-50m dead accurate range. Really depends how/where you play.
                            Don't forget a good quality hop can make the world of difference too...

CQB, w/a full auto gun- Use 0.2g's and hi/med caps. Spray the hell out of people.

CQB, w/ semi auto AEG/pistol/etc.- Use 0.25g's for that added extra accuracy and reassurance that you'll hit.

Open, e.g. Woodland, where wind and range are main attributes, any AEG at 100m/s or 330fps should really use 0.25g's or 0.28g's for that little extra range and accuracy.

Open, Woodland, Marksman/DMR/Sniper- As heavy as you like. I'd recommend some 0.3g's or 0.36g's.

But I only worked out the best from trialing BBs. Ask to borrow some when you next skirmish! Find a weight you like then, if you can afford to, try out brands!
                            Anyhow, good luck!
                            GP.
                            sigpic

Comment

hmmm.
                              heavy ammo + elongated v2 gearbox = energy creep.
                              Energy "creep" is a generic watered down term for higher energy transfer due to pressure build up.
                              due to the round traveling down the barrel slightly slower it gets the full amount of air behind it and it increases acceleration
                              so this means that
                              fps w/
                              .2 = 330
                              .25 = 340
                              (AA sa80)
                              is that breaking the rules?
                              because all weapons must be chronoed on .2s
                              trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kinglemon Find out more about kinglemon
                              Working...
                              X