High Speed Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Speed Setup

Well, i took apart my first V2 gearbox today, and the first thought i had was "Wow, this is simple!" honestly, i found it stupidly easy (which probably means i have done something wrong :p)

My question is, im planning on making a very fast fire rate gun, likely run on 11.1v LiPo's. Other than the Piston and Gears, which parts will need upgrading/replacing if i was planning to do this?

Please give me brand names too, for reccomendations
    hasta la vista, baby

Re: High Speed Setup

MOSFET thats the first thing imo to do if your running a lipo as it will save your contacts.

element high speed motor -very nice motors and cheap

Tm pistons -imo these are great pistons for the money

gear clip-will improve feeding

steel gears -i love the modify gears but there a tad pricy so if you want xyt gears are in most standerd jgs and they can stand up to allot.

take the last tooth off the piston

pom vented piston head

good wiring -try to fit 16 gauge but if not then 18 gauge is still good.

Just a tiny list of what you will need for a very high speed set up

Mat if I see you at ambush sometime I could show you my high speed m4 and p90

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
      take the last tooth off the piston
      That is wrong. What you mean is shaving the wisdom teeth. I'd advise does relevant research on it before making any decisions.

You want the piston done like that. You don't have to shave off the whole of the teeth, just half of each.

You will also want to correct the angle of engagement. Again something that you'll need to do research on.

First of all you will want to get a figure in mind of how fast you want it. High Speed Motor and 11.1v Lipo will likely kill the gearbox casing unless you have something special like the Modify Taurus casing.

Don't be fooled into getting a Systema case because i can guarantee it will break. They are utter pants.

Comment

yer sorry about that.
        I meant the 2nd and 3rd from the back and that to complicated to explain front tooth short stroke.

Comment

Looking to do the same sort of thing, any reccomendations on gears
          sigpic

Comment

Gears i'd recommend Prometheus or Modify. For the price on the Systema's, the Prommy's or Modify's are a better option. They do the job better and are built better. If you can't find those then Systema ones are nice. Just not as nice as the other two. G&P gears are also very good.

Don't fall into the trap of getting good gears and whacking them in with stock bearings/bushings. Kanzen or Prometheus bearings do the job perfectly in high speed setups.

Some people will say i'm naming all the good parts, but i'm writing this from experience. I have used a near full element build, and it was a nice cheap build. But overall quality was nowhere near the top end stuff. Not to say they aren't a good option though if your on a budget.

What i said in the above paragraph doesn't count toward the element motors. They are the dogs danglies. Cheap, reliable and out perform an awful lot of higher end ones.

If you use high-caps you may also want to invest in some good mid-caps. More reloading of course but better feeding.

Comment

Sorry to turn every bodies world upside down AGAIN, but the best way to exteme speed is with an Ultra torque motor, very low ratio gears and monster battery.

Allong with the usual other mods, fet, short stroking, aoe ect. Light weight piston modded, pom head. If you SS and correct aoe, you may even have to shave the next tooth at the back too.

Azimuth pistons can be bought and modded. Any of the clone ultra torque motors should be fine.
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Or you could look inside the tech section as myself Midas and richardy have replied on a rof thread so they can do low 40's bps

Comment

will do that, sorry if this has already been asked then

Cheers for the help guys, appreciated
                  what do you guys think a good gear Ratio would be?
                  hasta la vista, baby

Comment

13:1 with HT motor any big-a** batt'

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                    A brain?
                    Originally posted by snuff
                    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

I have an 18.5v LiPo if someone wants to try it...
                      Gun tech.

Comment

You have my address.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                        A brain?
                        Originally posted by snuff
                        Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Just a little update, planning to run 13:1 ratio gears on a G&P M120 with a Madbull Polycarb piston with 7 half teeth

Good shout? or am i going about this the wrong way?
                          hasta la vista, baby

Comment

It really depends on how fast you want to go.

7 half teeth?

With a large 9.6 or tiny 11.1 you will be close to 30 with your set up provided you mod things properly. If you are looking for extreme, I wouldn't use an M120 motor.

Oh..sector clip but I'm sure those gear sets come with one.
                            Gun tech.

Comment

well, 30 is good enough for me, will i need a reinforced gearbox case?

its only gonna be the M120 cause i have a spare one lying around
                              hasta la vista, baby

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

InFlamesFan Metalhead through and through Find out more about InFlamesFan
                              Working...
                              X