This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange problem

Hi guys, just need a bit of advice regarding a swap. I've received a psg1 in a swap, everything was fine until about 4 shots when the gun started making a noise like the battery was dead. I tried several batteries and it just stopped doing anything all together. Been in touch with the guy and he told me how to get it working again, worked for like another 5 shots and now has stopped again. The guy seems to think its the trigger contacts and says he will send the parts I need to fix it. I've never stripped an aeg before and am worried that ill mess it up and it might not even fix it. What do I do?
    All Arms Airsoft, Trawden, Lancashire

Re: exchange problem

Either put it into a shop for repair, or just send it back to the guy to fix. And then trade again. I wouldn't accept it if it was broken at all.

Comment

Maybe get him to split the bill when done in a shop?

Comment

I'm more than happy to pay parts and labour if you take it to a shop
        Or even send it back and I will have it repaired, I don't want to look bad in this, when I last used the gun it worked fine, and twinturboch who's gun it was is also baffled as to what's happened

I'm happy to pay your postage and repair bills

Comment

Originally posted by Jez@Devoted View Post
          I'm more than happy to pay parts and labour if you take it to a shop
          Or even send it back and I will have it repaired, I don't want to look bad in this, when I last used the gun it worked fine, and twinturboch who's gun it was is also baffled as to what's happened

I'm happy to pay your postage and repair bills
          admirable matey :D

Comment

Any one of the options that Jez has offered, you're lucky he's so honourable. I've dealt with and had a lot worse! :D
            Signature Removed

Comment

Anyone that knows me will tell you I'm not a bad trader and I would never con anyone

I feel bad that this has happened and so offering a full
              repair and covering postage is the least I can offer

Comment

Just a quick word of warning about how PSG-1's function.

They operate in very different way to a regular AEG. This is because when activated the spring is wound all the way back almost to the point of firing and then held there by the anti-reversal latch.

Then, when you pull the trigger to fire a shot, the motor only has to move a fraction to complete the cycle.

This was implemented in the design to give as close to an instant shot as is possible with an AEG.

However, there is a slight flaw with this. When you pull the trigger you must ensure you keep it pulled until it has finished it's cycle and returned the spring to it's "ready to fire position".

At this the point the motor will stop and you then release the trigger ready to make your next shot.

If you pull the trigger as you would with a regular AEG (snap pull) the cylcle is not completed and the gearbox and trigger system ends up in a kind of limbo.

The result of this is the gun will no longer fire or be responsive to the trigger being operated.

You must then operate the release latch to un-wind itself, and then begin again.

This means that when you first use the PSG-1 you must pull the trigger to set the gearbox in the ready position.

Assuming all goes well at it functions correctly, the last thing you must do at the end of the days play is hit the release to unwind the gearbox. This is to ensure the spring is not stored in a compressed state.

Having built so many of these things I can tell you they are a pain when it they get confussed. Also using stronger springs will compound the problem fuirther.

So before dismantling it try the trigger pull method as described and see what happens.

As a foot note, if the trigger contacts are burnt the PSG-1 will not fucntion correctly no matter what you try.

Comment

I had briefly explained that process but in not great detail as you did so thanks or your input, it's basically a MSG90, my friend I got it from is amazing with rebuilding these as he also did with this PSG-1, so sending it back to us we can fix this problem for you, like I said I'm more than happy to cover the postage costs

Comment

Your lucky that he's trying to help you, many on here would of ran a mile and buried there heads in the sand. I think you should stay level headed and accept his help.

I'd probably try and get some sort of collateral out of the deal though while you send your gun back, not in a dis-trusting manor to Jez, just always cover your back regardless.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sboothy Find out more about sboothy
                    Working...
                    X