Deans plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deans plug

i was advised to change mine over to deans. it was complicated having some guns and batteries with either large or small tamiyas. i bought a soldering iron and off i went. it took me about 2 hours to do the 1st battery! and i burned myself a few times. apparently metal conducts heat. who knew? i got better though and now have 16 batts and 8 guns all with them on. i filed one gun/battery combination as too complicated and left well alone..

Comment

Well I tell all new players that they should invest in a decent charger that can charge all batteries including lipo and lifepo4. Then I tell them to ignore Ni-mh and go straight to lipo (7.4's).

This might be getting added to the list. Forget tamiya, go lipo.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

i need a new charger big time. infact i dont evne have one at the moment!

i think i'll get that first before i start fiddling with connectors.
        Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
        I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

i've only switched on gun over to deans, but have gotta say they feel more secure than the tamiya's.

to solve the problem of not having a correct charger, i used a large type to fit the charger, then soldered a deans on the other end of it. now it dosnt matter what i use!

but after xmas i'm going to switch over to deans for my other gun aswell, as i'll have my propper soldering iron with me, instead of a crappy portable lighter gas one.

Comment

does it really make THAT much of a difference?

Comment

Ben, lots of threads shown using the search above as I had posted to answer that one.

Lower resistance, sharper rof, firmer connection, no arsing with Mini/ Large confusions. Yeah they're better.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

If you havn't bought your deans yet, look into these. They are another step up from deans. You get the same upgrade over deans with these.

You can actually measure the difference over deans through a chrono if you so wish to. So I know they give better conductivity.

Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I'm getting deans connectors after christmas . Looking forward to it.
                  Originally posted by murta369
                  in soviet russia you remove the plastic from the paint.

Comment

What bigger; deans or xt60's?

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                    A brain?
                    Originally posted by snuff
                    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

b16jus Im me....... Find out more about b16jus
                    Working...