painting/customising your gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting/customising your gun

i know there's going to be allot of (dont take this the way it sounds but) purists out there who will say they hate this idea and fair enough but try not to overtake the thread with it.

what do you guys think of customizing your/a gun by painting something on it? im basing this mainly on what happened in Vietnam (not that i can find any pics) but ive heard allot of times that they used to paint crazy things on there weapons to scare the enemy. would you ever do this to your guns? also if anyone has any pics please send em my way

lets keep it tidy gents

Re: painting/customising your gun

i think its great if its done right, ive got quite a few pics of guns with stuff painted onto them, not my guns, ill upload some, my personal fav is the shark normaly painted on a-10's on an m203 lol

patches also work really well, the thing is you have to find the right place to paint something, like its great for full solid stocks as there is alot of space

this is just great

and my personal favorite

im all for painting something onto a gun, i am going to paint/draw/ possibly engrave a skull on my 416 stock, or possibly and inverted petagram or cross or something metal haha

Comment

I swear that M203 is actually Balbosa`s!!!

Comment

Yer im pretty sure ive seen him use it at ua

Comment

No i think its a great idea. Anything that makes your gun look better is worth trying as long as it is done properly. For example i disliked the all black boring nature of the meu and so the top slide is now a metal looking olive drab with which i plan to personalise further
          BOOM!

Comment

the top first two pics in the four you posted
            they look fantastic

i myself am thinking of doing a zombie killer theme on my mp5k, i am just trying to decide how to do it

Comment

i have misplaced the battery pack of the remaining controller
              so until i find that it is withdrawn from sale

Comment

wrong thread mate
                BOOM!

Comment

I've always liked the idea of some custom paintwork, if I had the smallest artistic ability I would paint a black and white Skull wearing a helmet, on the mag reciever of my m4.

I did consider a sticker, but I think the more custom it is, the better the effect will be.

If you have an armalite like me, it would help yours stand out from the rest

OR, if you really want to scare your enemy, do it Chechnyan style
                  Last edited by NitroJoe; 27 December, 2010, 11:31.
                  Signature Removed

Comment

"haha hello beastie fancy seeing you here" yeah this is mine :D you can just see it in my avatar

but yeah im all up for customizing its a human trait in my book, (like the way we decorated spears when we where cavemen)

that patch does look cool on that full stock.

oh yeah and that pink one's mine too :D

Comment

If i were to paint something onto a gun, i would probably only paint on some sort of logo using a stencil and maybe a white or brown krylon.

Basically something that keeps my gun the same colours but making it stand out from the rest.

Or you could just paint it pink

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmithy View Post
                        If i were to paint something onto a gun, i would probably only paint on some sort of logo using a stencil and maybe a white or brown krylon.

Basically something that keeps my gun the same colours but making it stand out from the rest.

Or you could just paint it pink

you could do all those things but yeah lets go pink haha

yeah im itching to get the krylon out i just know that if i do it thats it theres no going back =/

Comment

Me too :/
                          I've got to find myself a gun that i HAVE to keep and then i will do something fancy on it. Probably just some sort of nice logo though.
                          Can't stand custom paintjobs if i'm honest, it can sometimes look tacky :/

Comment

I have done a similar shark mouth design on a friend`s RIS rail covers. I`ll try and get pictures soon.
                            Last edited by GhostDivisionAirsoft; 27 December, 2010, 13:47.

Comment

I like them...Just not on my guns...lol...
                              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                              Working...
                              X