Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBBR Pros and cons, also advice.

Hi Zero in, .
    Thinking of flogging all my aegs to get the WE L85 thats coming out, is it ok just to have that weapon and only that weapon, what are the pros and cons of GBBRS ? also anythoughts of price?
    Thanks

Re: GBBR Pros and cons, also advice.

I wouldn't sell up just yet - I reckon it's a good while away.

Comment

How long, and how expensive ? too, but what is the advantages and disadvantages?

Comment

Well i know my local local site disallows them because of the affect temperature has on FPS fluctuation.
        Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Originally posted by airsoc View Post
          Well i know my local local site disallows them because of the affect temperature has on FPS fluctuation.

And that's why npas rocks

Comment

GBBRs are totally awesome. they are certainly not a winter gun for obvious reasons.
            pros:
            very realistic
            great for a milsimer
            simple to strip
            works well in summer

cons:
            cooldown is a big problem is most gbbrs
            limited use in winter
            requies alot of cleaning for top performance
            cheap ones such as AGM are a money pit

i have probly missed a few
            Gear and accessors for sale! http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=122550

sigpic
            flame + hairspray = fun

Comment

^^ I totally agree,

pros:
              feels much more real with the blow back
              the gun may not be too complex, i have a kac pdw and its quite simple
              sounds/ awesome

cons:
              sometimes vents like a bast**d
              eats away your funds with gas
              for the new L85, there could be unknown flaws...

hope this helps, not sure on the price and wait.
              'If you do something you love; you'll never work in your life.'

Fresh mags, and body bags

sigpic

Comment

Half of those cons are defunct with WE's recent releases there are people on here who are using their g39's in the snow.

Comment

Ive just sold up all my excess electric weaponry and switched over to gas.
                  All i can say is that you cant be slack with maintenance and if your a bit fully auto happy then forget it unless your covered from head to toe in spare mags.
                  Due to this ive found it has made me a better player as i have to be much more stealthy and pick my shots wisely as i dont have the same ammo capacity i used to (30rd capacity with 4 mags)
                  Roses are red,
                  Violets are blue,
                  In soviet russia,
                  Poem reads you!

Comment

There are a lot of niceties about GBBRs as people have mentioned, they sound and feel so much nicer than an AEG for a start and they can look a lot better too as not having to fit in a gearbox can mean fewer restrictions as to how they're put together.

There are some significant down-sides too, however...
                    If you like to play a lot on auto you don't want a GBBR.
                    If you don't want to have to work on you first-shot accuracy you don't want a GBBR.
                    If you don't want to have to maintain your gun yourself at all you dont want a GBBR.
                    If you don't like the idea of low-caps you don't want a GBBR.
                    If you don't like the idea of having to carry a fair number of relatively heavy mags you don't want a GBBR.
                    And so on...

With all that said, I've moved to GBBR and I love it (G&P WOC), but it suits my style of play when I don't feel lik3 playing with just pistols and I've been operating primarily a gas only setup for quite some time now.
                    However, if you need to sell all of your kit to afford a GBBR then I would be very careful when deciding if you want to, magazines are (relatively) expensive, you will be buying plenty of gas which is far more expensive than charging batteries, you'll ideally want .28 or heavier BBs and you will have to replace internal from time to time.

I love my GBBR, but I couldn't recommend one to someone as an only weapon unless they could afford to throw money at it even just in gas and ammo.

Comment

I was happily using my KWA MP7 in the snow before Christmas, and was happily running at 340fps with propane, while most of the aegs were struggling with cold batteries!

Another pro for gas is the ease if changing power, for me it's a simple case of 134a for CQB and generally propane or green for outside or extreme cold!

Comment

i was looking into them too actually with the scar but it was the magazine price that turned me off and then the gas on top of that, it just wouldn't be viable for me but if you've got the money then why not haha

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iloveairsoftsniping Find out more about iloveairsoftsniping
                        Working...
                        X