Using Grenade Launchers in the field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Grenade Launchers in the field?

Hi guys n gals, I have some questions relating to using GLs for airsoft.

I would really like to use one of these weapons once I can prove my defence for airsoft but I'm worried if I were to use them during CQB, that someone may pick them up and pocket them. I know this may sound silly but its something i've thought about.

Do you guys have any tips and tricks for easily identifying you kit so you can find it again. I guess you could extend this to the likes of magazines and reusable hand thrown grenades also.

Much Love

Sandy
    "You shove me again, and I'll wrap that gun around your face!"

Mr T the legend himself!

Re: Using Grenade Launchers in the field?

well firstly... grenade launchers dont fire the grenades out of the tube... only the bbs and gas contained within so nothing to worry about there

as far as thrown grenades go most are quite easily identifiable as most people wrap bright tape around them so they can be easily found
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Put your initials or phone number somewhere.
      - ICS MP5 SD2

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post
        well firstly... grenade launchers dont fire the grenades out of the tube... only the bbs and gas contained within so nothing to worry about there

as far as thrown grenades go most are quite easily identifiable as most people wrap bright tape around them so they can be easily found
        I think he might be talking about the grenades that fire the rubber caps.
        - ICS MP5 SD2

Comment

moscart are basically like a giant shotgun but those rubber slugs i wudnt recomend

Comment

somehow i think he was just confused that grenades launchers actually fired the grenades

as far as rubber slugs go.. they are basically disposable and are cheap enough to buy lots of
            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

yeah I think I did get confused! I actually haven't seen them used so I think I'll go look at that on youtube. For some reason I thought the Grenade round actually fired out the barrel and once it landed fired out the BBs. Maybe I had my wishful thinking goggles on hehehe.

Whats this rubber slug type of round people are talking about? Are they any use?

Many thanks for you quick replies guys!

Sandy

Mr T the legend himself!

Comment

yes mate research goes along way

"i will use google before asking stupid questions" is advice we can all take

personally i suggest NOT using the rubber slug grenades, but basically instead of firing bbs out the end a la shotgun, it fires a rubber cap... however these can cause quite an impact to the target

Comment

Yeah so I see! Accept my apologies on the daft question But I still think it would be cool to fire the grenade round into say a trench and for the bbs to blow out on impact from the side of the round. ( But that wouldnt be a safe delivery method since we're just skirmishing).

I think this video shows the GL in all its glory. The poor guy's back tells me all I need to know.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1St06afhrQ

Sandy

Mr T the legend himself!

Comment

I think GL's are hillarious in CQB, with a guy on my team for that night taking out 5 of the opposition with one shot last. Somepeople to object however.
                    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

for a trench just throw a normal exploding bb ball grenade - £2/3 from your local site normally

Comment

one word-engraveing

my m8s do it with every thing so do it i just put it where no one will think to look ^^

Comment

Hmm now theres an idea I didn't think about! Good shout Tyler! Many thanks to all who have replied tis much appreciated.

Much love

Sandyt87

Mr T the legend himself!

Comment

I just painted mine and so far i have not had any of them nicked
                            Just because you can doesn't mean you should......

Comment

What kind of paint did you use and what colour? Just for general information.

SandyT

Mr T the legend himself!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sandyt87 I go to church and i'm getting married on the 20th of March 2010 to my lovely fiancee Sarah woohoo!! Find out more about sandyt87
                              Working...
                              X