• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: il ask again

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
    if you paid for extra speedy service mate,

the items will be in the uk withing 3 days, and to you few after that

but being new year may be longer,

also the customs wont stop them, as the shop will just cover the items box liner in tin foil so it is a solid object in the scanner
    they've got more high tech stuff for that now dont they? and well lets hope your right man would be good to have them quick since i payed for it

Comment

Bal, you ordered £70 worth of stuff, there's a big chance that customs will think it's a cookie, stop it, find it isn't then slap a charge on you for lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer View Post
        Bal, you ordered £70 worth of stuff, there's a big chance that customs will think it's a cookie, stop it, find it isn't then slap a charge on you for lying.
        yeah dont i know it! and what annoys me is i have to go up there to pay it and collect it! they better not be ass's over this it will really F me up!

Comment

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer View Post
          Can't punish you for putting the wrong valuation on, since you didn't do it; the shop did.
          Others till I die

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
            also the customs wont stop them, as the shop will just cover the items box liner in tin foil so it is a solid object in the scanner
            If it was that simple im sure there would be cargo planes raining from the sky like confetti by now...lol

And im sure customs can stitch you over if they find out your parcel is under declared, but by the same token they would have to go to the trouble of valuing it all first.

Comment

Originally posted by ElCarl View Post
              Can't punish you for putting the wrong valuation on, since you didn't do it; the shop did.
              I was talking about a cookie, I wasn't trying to say the shop are lying about prices, just talking about cookies .. . like you do.

Comment

I ordered a complete RIF from some one on the 3rd of December. It arrived in the UK on the 5th... then sat in Customs for 21 days before being released to ParcelForce. Waited another two days for them to get off their a**es and finally got it on the 29th. In my experience the Asian mail system is efficient, fast and reliable. The delays happen when it gets into the UK

Hope you get your parts for the 9th!

Comment

Originally posted by cpldave View Post
                  I ordered a complete RIF from some one on the 3rd of December. It arrived in the UK on the 5th... then sat in Customs for 21 days before being released to ParcelForce. Waited another two days for them to get off their a**es and finally got it on the 29th. In my experience the Asian mail system is efficient, fast and reliable. The delays happen when it gets into the UK

Hope you get your parts for the 9th!
                  thankyou sir! god i love this country haha

Comment

Customs will generally clear your item within 48 hours. It's Parcel Force that take the p*ss and leave it there for a week. Best thing to do is leave it a day in customs when you know it's there, ring them and see what they say. If they say it's cleared and waiting for Parcel Force to collect it ring them and tell them that it's cleared and waiting for them.

Parcel Force will then tell you that customs is lying. Or that customs hasn't told them that your parcel is cleared.

Moan at them a little and they'll ring you back next day saying your parcel has been collected from customs.

Unless you get onto them they'll leave it for for around a week.

Comment

thats a bloody joke if it was up to me i wouldn't use parcel farce i used a private courier last time i posted and i was amazed at the price and the service was amazing

Comment

...not to mention parcel force will then charge you for storage of your item after it's been in the country for 10+ days.... (from the Post Office Website Help)

Basically, you've gotta be an annoying customer, always ringing up and asking for an update? :D

PS, can anyone give me the right number to contact customs by, regarding a parcel? Cheers.
                        sigpic

Comment

well i order a derrenger from said site,
                          with any luck that won't get stoped due to it's size.

Comment

with any luck that won't get stoped due to it's size.
                            I ordered a VSR, fully constructed/assembled, from Ehobbs, and got it with not even a penny taxed!

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                              I ordered a VSR, fully constructed/assembled, from Ehobbs, and got it with not even a penny taxed!
                              sometimes its luck. but smaller stuff seems to get through easier
                              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

i think they just select like 1 out of every 3 that come through.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                                Working...
                                X