what parts needed for a m4a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what parts needed for a m4a1

hi there i have recently taken up airsoft and have had the thought to build my airsoft rifle from scratch i have bought a full metal m4 body and now just need to get the rest...
    but to be quiet honest im not 100% on what i actually need so if there is anyone out there that could let me no where to start i would appreciate it cheers .........

Re: what parts needed for a m4a1

Originally posted by andyhurc View Post
    hi there i have recently taken up airsoft and have had the thought to build my airsoft rifle from scratch i have bought a full metal m4 body and now just need to get the rest...
    but to be quiet honest im not 100% on what i actually need so if there is anyone out there that could let me no where to start i would appreciate it cheers .........

Pretty dependant on what kind of fifle you want to build, but for starters you'll need a Gearbox, Motor, Hop unit, Inner barrel, Outer barrel, Front end
    Pistol grip, Batteries, Magazines....and then any other add-ons you fancy like reflex scope, rifle scopes, iron sights, PEQ Box...

The list is VAST!!!!

In all honesty, as a beginner it'd have been a great deal easier to buy a complete weapon until you have learn't how it all goes together etc. By choosing to buold from scratch you've kinda chosen to enter the Olympic 100 meter dash before you have learnt to crawl, but best of luck to you.

Drop me a PM if you need any other advice.
    sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

If you have just started, i really wouldn't recommend building your first (?) gun from scratch, firstly your going to be spending a lot of money and secondly if your just starting iam assuming your not UKARA registered meaning building the gun from RIF parts would be illegal.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lukey b View Post
        iam assuming your not UKARA registered meaning building the gun from RIF parts would be illegal.
        There is that as well too...

sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

cheers for your help guys ive got one more visit to the airsoft site then i get my licence so just getting an idea on what is needed i used a m4a1 as a rented weapon and really found it comftable >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Well that solves problem two but have you considered the cost yet?
            sigpic

Comment

If you want a plain M4A1 just buy a plain one. If you want to build one from scratch(all made to your own design) do it.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
              A brain?
              Originally posted by snuff
              Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Originally posted by Lukey b View Post
                Well that solves problem two but have you considered the cost yet?
                i have considered the price and it will be built over a period of time and in stages....
                where would you think the best place is to source parts for this rifle ?????

Comment

i did this too mate (as my first M4, not my first gun) it realy is a pain in the ass. although a lot of parts are marui compatible doesnt mean they fit with each other, and you will need a few screws that wont come with anything.

i recommend getting the G&P 7mm reinforced complete gearbox, its a good performer and its pretty cheap, also Element external parts are pretty good quality, and both brands make good motors

for inner barrels and hops Madbull make brilliant barrels, and Madbull and TM make the best (in my opinion) units, rubbers and nubs

if you need anything else that you think i can help with, just chuck me a PM
                  hasta la vista, baby

Comment

cheers for you help

Comment

As some people have allready said buying a m4 as a whole will be easier and alot cheaper, as u can pick a complete one up new for around £200-£250 like g&p, king arms etc.

Id say do it that way and sell off the parts you dnt need as and when u buy the new parts or even sell before hand to fund the new parts u want to replace, as atleast then u have a gun that ur able to use whilst modding it in stages. also if ur not taking the body apart to get to teh gearbox, ur also keep ur warranty valid on it, which is quite handy unless ur quite techy or dnt mind having a play around if something goes wrong and paying out the costs ur self.

But on the other hand as costly as it can be building a gun from stratch is a nice feeling once its finished, but what u dnt want to happen is to lose interest in it during the building process
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

andyhurc Find out more about andyhurc
                      Working...
                      X