Sportline VS. China Clones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportline VS. China Clones

Thinking about getting a cheap back-up weapon to use if my primary fails and for my freinds to use so it saves on renting. But I have no idea what to go for a China clone (AEG, DBoys ect.) or a CA or ICS sportsline model. The only thing they would have done to them would be a new rubber and a good service. What are your preferences on the matter?

Discuss:
    Sportsline model (ICS, CA, ect.
    53.73%
    China clone (AEG, DBoys, ect.)
    46.27%

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Re: Sportline VS. China Clones

Sportline... At least you have a retailer to go back to if you have issues.

Comment

Nothing wrong with clones, a strip down, cleanup, and sometimes not even a hop rubber is all they require, sportlines are like clones anyway, made on the cheap. Never had issues with clones to be honest.
      sigpic

Comment

Sportline, usually comply with site limits, a bit more likely not to be utter terrible. And like Ben said, you have a face to go bitch at if things do go sour.

Comment

Agreed. Id go with a CA Sportsline.

Comment

i vote clones too, in my experience they have been better quality than sportsline models, but i may just have been lucky
            hasta la vista, baby

Comment

CA Sportsline wins it for me

Comment

I'd go for clone as well. You tend to get more for your money. Usually metal body's, brass tightbore inner barrel as well as some coming with MOSFET's and that sort of thing.
                With sportsline your paying for the name, usually plastic on near all of the aeg, on some this goes as far as the inner barrel, most come with 6.07mm barrels as well. Generally they are good for a bit of target practice in the yard but not for a full on day in the field.
                Either one I'd advise a service etc before use, especially on the clone, to me that's the only downside to clones due to too much grease in the gearbox.
                On both you have someone to bitch at if anything goes wrong if you buy from a reputable retailer based in the UK. Plenty sell clones over here so that argument against getting a clone is naff.
                My first AEG when I returned to the hobby was a DBoys S System. Came with a plastc body back then so stuck on a £30 dboys metal one. Grabbed a few of the same high caps. Total cost back then was about £200. Lasted me for about 2 years, then got sold to a mate starting in the hobby who then stuck a systema gearbox in it, kept all the externals and it's now sweet as.
                So yep, go for a clone. Now days I'd advise a JG. For the price you can't go wrong.

Comment

Well I don't know if it's still the same now, but I remember stories of the CA models coming out and bodies cracking, internals wearing out quickly etc.

My vote would be Clones, undoubtedly (lets be honest they've really stepped up their game recently, with most AK models out performing even high end brands).

If you were to buy a sportline, ICS is the only one to go for. I've only worked on one CA Sportline internally and can't really comment - it wasn't the best or the worst, but I do know that the ICS sportlines have the exact same internals as the prolines....

But I'd still go for clones.

Montesa, as a guy who knows his internals, I'd say clone, but really depends on what gun you'd be looking at getting for me/ us to give advice on brands etc.
                  Last edited by GadgetMaster; 24 January, 2011, 19:25. Reason: Cleaning

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                    Well I don't know if it's still the same now, but I remember stories of the CA models coming out and bodies cracking, internals wearing out quickly etc.
                    Had 2x, both wore out in under 10k of rounds!

I vote clones.
                    The only sportlines i had were rubish, contrast that with my (ex) amazing Dboys AKS-74!

Comment

i had a ca m15a4 sportline mate and i dont recommend getting anything like it it worked fine then broke and cant be fixed everything in the gun needed changing so ended up alot of work for nothing so it just sits there in my closet

i replaced it for a jg m4 mosfet and its amazing shoots fast and out ranges most aegs so if i where you i would get a clone

Comment

You cant beat a sportline ICS.
                        Motor and hop change and your sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                          Sportline... At least you have a retailer to go back to if you have issues.
                          this. also you dont have to downgrade or spend more money improving on a bad foundation.
                          Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Friend has a CA Sportline die halfway through its 1st skirmish.

He his a clumsy sod with hands of death though, so we don't lend him anything..
                            Loki - Rogue Recon Unit, The Rogues

Comment

Still, it doesn't look good on CA's part.

Furthermore, some ICS sportlines are great hop wise. I've known some of them to have excellent range and accuracy.

Just a further note on the Clone front - remember that a lot of them are now coming out with 6.04mm or better barrels. (Like the A&K Armalite series have 6.02 barrels, for example).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Montesa77 I've got a book out if you want to read it. It's called 'Life In A Bin' Find out more about Montesa77
                              Working...
                              X