grenade launchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grenade launchers

hi guys just wondring what the efective range is on any sort of grenade launcher ( well attached to a gun) and also looking for one if anyone got one
    Samaham C

Re: grenade launchers

its hard to say really because there are a lot of things to take into consideration

1) make n model
    some makes and models of launchers work better than others for example madbul shells can be very powerful
    2) gas used
    the reason why madbul is powerful is because it can take green and co2 gas
    3) amount of bbs
    some shells can fire something like 120 bbs!!
    4) bbs weight
    if you put a mix bag of bbs weights the spread can be very vast
    5) indoor or outdoor
    in a confined space a shell packed with bbs on green gas can be devastating
    6) temperature
    for obvious reasons the outside temp,can effect the power of the grenade
    7) whats the target
    are you shooting at an individual a fair distance away or a group of people close up

the bbs can go very far,ive managed to fire 35 meters over a large beech tree,with a 120 shower,and the whole load went right over...from 5 meters away ive managed to put a couple of people on their ar$es as they have burst into a room that i was covering
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

The problem isn't really the range, it's the accuracy at range that means they just don't hit much

Comment

To be fair, they are just oversized shotguns with a GL shell. However, can be very useful and fun :-)
        www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

Ive hit 25m with good effect with my xm203- if I were
          You about 3 shells makes life easier as they take a while to re load
          sigpic

Comment

Must depends on the shells. I've seen a good few go off, with a range of no more than 5-10 meters!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
              Must depends on the shells. I've seen a good few go off, with a range of no more than 5-10 meters!
              yeah someone fired one at me today jag from about 8-10 metres away and not a single shot hit me...
              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

1) Dont bother with green gas powered grenades, got for co2 powered. It costs more in the start, but the rewards are far far greater.

2) Using co2 @450psi and 0.2g BB's you can get easy 30m+ and it'll still sting when you get hit. Using heavier BB's will create a tighter group, lighter a bigger spread, I use a mix of 0.12g 0.2g and 0.25g

3) Shell types are ones with barrels, you speed load BB's into the barrels, the Madbull HP204 for example has 12 barrels with 12 BB's. This will create a huge shower of BB's but the range will not be as great as a Madbull PB4 because the gas has more BB's to push, so each bb gets less energy and wont travel as far.. or
                The other type is the Madbull PB4 or S-thunder which is a big hole you can fill around 70 BB's inside. While they do not have as great a capacity they offer a much larger gas resivour (up to 6 times as much gas) so while you'll have a lot less BB's they'll pack a much bigger punch.

Another plus side to this stye of shell is that its so easy to reload, you dont need to pis around with a speed loader filling barrels on every grenade, just pour some in, plug the hole and away you go ( I use packaging Styrofoam scrunched up to block the hole)
                SAVE OUR SPORT
                http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

I'd be interested to know FPS on these, especially on Co2!

Could be like 70 people lining up with "hot" guns and shooting you once at the same time!

Comment

They're almost impossble to chrono, same problem with multi shot shotguns they screw with chronographs.

450psi packs a punch, but its no more than 350fps. I play mostly CQB and keep it at about 250psi so people know they've been hit, but not enough for them to want to hit me :p

You can regulate to 800psi which is too much. You can out range most guns if you use heavy BB's Sniper Mortaring I call it.
                    SAVE OUR SPORT
                    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Samaham C My Name Is Sam Find out more about Samaham C
                    Working...
                    X