Airsoft RPG and the law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft RPG and the law

Ive got a rather ambitious plan, of perhaps making my own RPG-7, because Im not willing to pay silly amounts of money to buy one.

Having seen how quickly the M1A1 Bazooka thread went downhill in the tech section, I wanted to get some answers before I even start.

Firstly, is it legal? From what I can see, theres no reason why it should be illegal. I have no intention of making it launch a projectile other than bb's, it will use a 40mm 'nade shell and essentially be a giant M203. It will not launch nerf rockets, balls, thermobarics or anything like that

Now seeing as we're allowed to have M203's, and theres already a comercially available RPG, I cant see why this would be a problem from a legal standpoint, unless its something silly along the lines of manufacturers are allowed to make them, but youre not allowed to make one yourself. (In which case surely everyone who's ever replaced a 2tone body with a non 2tone after getting UKARA has broken the law, or covered up 2tone with sniper tape etc. so has anyone who's ever put real steel parts on thier gun or taken the body kit off a thundermaul etc.)

From my understanding, the problem arises from using it to launch explosive projectiles, such as flashbangs or thermobarics, hence the shitstorm surrounding other threads regarding people using M203's to launch flashbangs etc. however I could be wrong.

Re: Airsoft RPG and the law

Have you seen the dramas the Deepfire launcher's causing someone over at Arnie's?

Comment

Nope, I dont use Arnies. Though I did consider making myself a deepfire/LAW first becuase it would probably be a lot easier, but then I thought why settle for that? I want an RPG!
      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 10 January, 2011, 07:25. Reason: language

Comment

If you're using a 40mm nade, you're at most only making a differently-shelled M203 in effect.

If I understand correctly, you're basically making a prop RPG, with the firing mechanism for 40mm nades in it. Can't see much wrong with that.
        Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
          Have you seen the dramas the Deepfire launcher's causing someone over at Arnie's?
          O.o Please tell?
          Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
          Thats why i lopped mine off! :D

Comment

It's a long thread.

Comment

They are legal as long as it does not fire a finned projectile, not even a foam one as I recall. Firing nads is fine.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
              Working...
              X