G36C Chrono (spring upgrade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G36C Chrono (spring upgrade)

Been thinking about upgrading my TM G36C Spring to a M100 or M90 Spring. I got it Chrono'd a few weeks ago and it was firing at 290 fps with the stock tm spring. Does any know what the chrono will be for a M100 or M90 spring?

Cheers
    "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless."

Re: G36C Chrono (spring upgrade)

Depends on the brand, but I think the M90 is your best bet.
    There was a rough table someone made from changing the springs in a gun and running tests, and I think M90 gave you just over 300?
    Whereas M100 is about 350, which could be a bit high.

Comment

Be very careful when using the "guides" on the net I purchased a M105 Element spring which should have been in the 350 ish area according to the guide i was looking at and when put on the chrono came in at a rather useful 425 which was needless to say a little hot so they are now consigned to the box of bits n pieces.

Spring changes will be different gun to gun as they never seem to really consistant so as someone else has suggested err on the side of caution and pay more attention to hop set up and if you go under you can always go tight bore and gain a few that way as well bringing you closer to 350.

You will find it hard to tune a gun to exactly 350 and keep it there and the difference in absolute range between 340 and 350 is marginal and can be effected by wind and weather etc. If you want the accuracy suffer a small loss in range and go up a weight on the bb's to .25 its worth it in my opinion.
      Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
      Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
      Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

I would say an m90 is your best bet, and yeah, I have also had issues when following the 'guides on the internet.. M90 should give you around 310 fps? Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

Originally posted by ZX12R A1 View Post
        suffer a small loss in range and go up a weight on the bb's to .25
        Just to add, slightly off-topic I know, but if you go up to .25s, you won't suffer a loss in range, in fact your range will increase. There was a study carried out which has proved that the optimum weight for 328 fps is .27g bbs, which will give you the most range. Although I find .25s perfect as they are still relativley fast in the air and reach the target quicker.

Dan

Comment

m90 - 280-310 m100 - 340-360
          sigpic
          View iTrader Rating Here
          Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

Systema 1 joule. Will get you roughly 315-330

Comment

Originally posted by revell55 View Post
              m90 - 280-310 m100 - 340-360
              The most an M100 should give is 330fps. That means the airseal is perfect and the gearbox works fine etc.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I have a guarder SP90 in mine

shoots at approx 225-230

perfect
                FOR SALE
                7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Arkonought If you need a website made, go to http://www.designedbyryan.co.uk Find out more about Arkonought
                Working...
                X