fire fly hop rubber are they really that rare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fire fly hop rubber are they really that rare

Ok little back story first .I finally saved the money up to get madbull tight bore barrels ,fire fly soft nubs and fire fly soft rubbers for all my aegs .

The barrel and nubs were fairly easy to source(I got 4 barrels and 6 nubs ,some were for spare)

But the rubber ,wow it was hard to find one uk retailer which stock them .
    I found 3 retailers which had them on there website one of them a very big shop ,but 2 shops were sold out.
    So the only retailer which stocked them only had 3 and I wanted 6 so I got all 3,so I'm still on the hunt.

It took me 2 whole hours to find that last shop.

The point I'm getting at is if these rubbers are so good and wanted why dont UK shops fricking stock them.

Re: fire fly hop rubber are they really that rare

because the fireflys are the top of the line and most expensive.

not everyone can see the point in spending £20 (£30 with the flat nub) for a little bit of rubber
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
      because the fireflys are the top of the line and most expensive.

not everyone can see the point in spending £20 (£30 with the flat nub) for a little bit of rubber
      The place I got mine from were £10 for the rubber and another shop sold the nubs for £14 ,a bargain imo.

Everyone has to admit they are fantastic.

Comment

defo that much for the rubber with the two contact points? and the special flat nub? if so bargain!
        TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
          defo that much for the rubber with the two contact points? and the special flat nub? if so bargain!
          Yep thats right.
          The shop said they might get more in if they feel they are still wanted in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
            Yep thats right.
            The shop said they might get more in if they feel they are still wanted in the market.
            Its really interesting, the different views you get from different retailers, they obviously dont deal much with upgrades, else they would see more demand for them. And £10 would be old stock price, you cant get them wholesale for that nowadays.

Truth is the mark ups very low on the fireflys vs the cost to stock 100. Making it an expensive prospect to stock up for the long haul.

To expensive i only get them in now for guns that come in for upgrades as a service.

Comment

I hope mine was posted befor yours then...
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I had to buy mine from a shop in Canada, couldn't find them anywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well this answers my post... It arrived this morning.

With the buffer, I'm not convinced there is much it can offer over a normal one. Afterall it just puts pressure on a lump inside the barrel. It maybe offers added protection in case the rubber is slightly in the wrong position.
                  Gun tech.

Comment

If you think of selling it Midas give me a pm

Comment

They are rare currently as I believe firefly went under or has stopped production currently. I can tell you for VSR's you probably wont find a better hop rubber. I know people who have put them in their TM MK23's and have out ranged a fair few AEG's with them.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Sorry Guard, I have plans for this little fellow. Thats why I bought it...lol.

Damn went to buy another and they are out of stock.
                        Last edited by North West Outpost; 19 January, 2011, 10:44.
                        Gun tech.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SAS Scott Pure petrol head who is also crazy about airsoft. Find out more about SAS Scott
                        Working...
                        X