Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Concept thread: How powerful, and how fast could you really go when building an AEG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concept thread: How powerful, and how fast could you really go when building an AEG?

So I was thinking the other day - with the multitudes of different part manufacturers all claiming to be the best out there, we have a huge selection of very finely manufactured parts to upgrade our AEGs with.

People regularly build their weapons from scratch, using only the finest parts, to make some pretty amazing airsoft weapons from the ground up. In particular, I am talking about the "super-AEG" builds with high RoF and FPS capabilities.. So with that in mind, what can actually be done with the right amount of knowledge, patience, good parts and customization?

I figured it would be fun to make a thread out of this.. I have some questions for discussion:

1) Whats the fastest / most powerful AEG you have ever physically seen?
    2) What do you believe is possible? (both RoF and power)
    3) How would you do it? (part / manufacturer selections, custom mods, etc.)
    4) Given the option, what mechanism would you rather work with and why out of the GBB and AEG mechanisms? (more reliable? easier to upgrade? etc?)

So, what do you think?

(P.S - This thread is not promoting the idea of building a super-AEG for any purpose other than as a project of what can be done. This is not a thread suggesting that one should build a super-AEG that would be used to hurt people in any capacity.)

Re: Concept thread: How powerful, and how fast could you really go when building an A

Midas would be the man to talk to
    Wanted:
    RS SVD
    MP5K PDW STOCK
    AK PBS SILENCER

Comment

Re: Concept thread: How powerful, and how fast could you really go when building an A

I think someone makes a 5j spring. There are a few claims of daft fps but I think the highest reputable one is arround 700 fps. That I know of anyway. Quite possibly someone has made something daft.

Aparently it is very hard to contain the compressed air in aeg's up at those levels. I say aparently as I am relying on things I have read, never tried it myself. The newer Neo magnetted motors give monster torque, in most cases it is as simple as plugging in a bigger battery to get the motor to push a bigger spring about faster. If you already have a monster battery, replacing the spring with a bigger one doesnt slow it down it just pulls more current from the battery...lol..

So, if you wanted to do it, this will be my opinion C02 or compressed air would be a better bet. Like the airguns arround these days. I was actually going to try to make one into a sniper by getting the barrel bored out...lol..But didnt, invested the money in other things. I should add there would have been a fully ajustable regulator too.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

N4choLibre Find out more about N4choLibre
      Working...
      X