X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what radios and headsets do you use

Originally posted by donkonious View Post
    LMFAO!!
    I've heard that throat mics can be awkward with regards to transmitting (clarity) if you don't spend a fair bit on it.
    Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Xbox live throat mics that came with Modern Warfare 2, they work brilliantly :P I use one ocasionally but prefer my headset as the throat mics a bit too small for me.

As above, it not legal unless you have a licence, or they're on licence-free frequencies (which is unlikely).

BTW, PMR446 frequencies ARE NOT licence-free - it's the radios meeting the correct spec that makes the SYSTEM licence-free.
    No idea, but you can buy them on eBay and my local surplus store sells them to the pubic no questions asked...

Comment

Currently using some Motorola XTRR 446's and used with a Devgru throat mic the other day. Perfect clarity receiving and transmitting (and one of my team mates using the other XTR used a cheap, £3 "security" style mic setup and that was fine!)

I'm currently waiting on a delivery of a Bowman Headset; I just fancied a change and at the end of the day if it's no good, I'll just sell it!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Kenwood TK-350 with either a PRR style headset and pressel or a Lapel mic and ear piece depending on what I'm doing though i may just use the radio as is.
        Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
          No idea, but you can buy them on eBay and my local surplus store sells them to the pubic no questions asked...
          That doesn't make them legal for you to use. With kit like that, it's your responsibility to make sure it's operated legally, not the retailer's.

E.g. You and I could buy an Icom IC-2SE on the bay, no questions asked.
          However, I can use it to transmit legally as I have an Amateur Radio licence.

Comment

Hey guys, I noticed a lot of you were running XTR446's with Bowmans, well I'm planning on getting a pair of them but I'm not sure at all what Bowmans will work well with them. I've noticed some on RSOV but I'm not sure wether connectors are compatible etc. I've had this problem with comms in the past so if any of you could link to these headsets that work then that will be great Thanks.

Comment

motorola tlkr t7 with a SELEX CT1 and D ring combo

Comment

Binatone Terrain 550's from maplin. My boy uses an ear piece and lapel mike he found on the net and im buyin an Olbi throat mike, ear piece and remote pressel from the really tall goddess' supplier.

Comment

Motorola TLKR T5s and clone bowmans.

Comment

Mitex 5watt licenced PMR's with bowman.
                    Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MAJIK Find out more about MAJIK
                    Working...
                    X