Badges and patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badges and patches

Just having read the thread about the Nomads patches, which look pretty sweet by the way lads, and there was a comment about his para wing. It got me thinking about who wears what, are they entitled, and what are peoples opinions of those who wear patches but are not entitled.
    So in order, I do wear my MP badge, I occasionally wear the RAF TRF,very rarely wear the patch of the police unit I was posted to (a few on here my know who they are, not CP before you ask). As a morale patch, as a nod to MW2 I have a Task Force 141 patch. Obviously union flag patches are a given.
    Opinion on correct wearing, personally I am against it. You wear a patch of a particular skill or unit because you have done the training and have the right to wear it. If not, you are, in my opinion, insulting those who have sacrificed and had the right to wear it, and you have it on as a fashion statement.
    The only time I would make an exception is if you are re-enacting and you have made a very good effort to get youf kit right. So if WW2 is your thing, and you want to do a paratrooper loadout, it has to be spot on ie you have paid out the cash and spent the time sourcing the correct kit, but if it looks lame, then no.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Re: Badges and patches

To be honest, I think people should be allowed to wear patches even if theyre not servicemen/women. Its not harming anyone. Obviously if the person were to parade it inapproriately, or say he was in fact in a unit/squadron and lie about it, then no that would be big no no's. But other than that I dont have a problem with it to be honest!

That said, I have a Rainbow patch on my rig, and they dont even exist! (officially ) but then im also looking to change that. A Nomad patch would have been awesome there!

Comment

I also cant see the problem with it, patches, rank slides, cap badges etc...etc are all on sale to the general public for any tom dick or harry to sew onto there jacket and parade down the pub.
      Why shouldnt people working towards the perfect royal marines loadout for example wear a green beret with cap badge and patches.
      I myself have a loose brit DPM loadout with rankslide (corporal) and a beret with a Royal Engineers cap badge i dont give a toss what people thing to be honest if ive paid my money for them why shouldnt i wear them?

Comment

I know where you are coming from Snowdrop, I don't know if I could wear a Royal Marine Flash, wouldn't feel right.

But by the same token, I wouldn't hold it against those that wanted to. May give em a bit of banter about it if they were weren't. My favourite patch I've seen are the Chairborne ones. It's a nod towards the real deal, without any embarrassment.
        Selling:
        ISAF Tan patches, Union Jack Desert Patches Red Dot Sight, SR25 and M4 HiCaps.

Comment

Just got my NOMADS patch through and rocking it! I don't have a problem with people wearing ranks. As I've said before, you could be the Colonel of McDonalds for all it means!

Wearing badges that will relate you to a specific existing unit that you are not a part of is... Well a bit of a no no. But then you'll always have the "SAS" badges or "SEALS" just because of their worldwide fame, yet I doubt many people who have served as SAS or SEALS airsoft! So generally, if it relates you to a real unit - you'd best have earned it!

Comment

Unless you're doing so for a specific re-enactment reason, if you're wearing unit insignia or, worse, wearing para wings or Cdo dagger - and you haven't earned it - you're just a bit of a sad cnt...

Doesn't harm anyone but you're a sad cnt all the same.

Anyway, read this:

http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content...filesize=10528

Uniforms Act 1894
            1894 c.45 57_and_58_Vict_

Military uniforms not to be worn without authority.— (1) It shall not be lawful for any person not serving in Her Majesty’s Military Forces to wear without Her Majesty’s permission the uniform of any of those forces, or any dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of any such uniform: Provided that this enactment shall not prevent . . . . . . F1 any persons from wearing any uniform or dress in the course of a stage play performed in a place duly licensed or authorised for the public performance of stage plays, or in the course of a music hall or circus performance, or in the course of any bona fide military representation.
            Yadda yadda...

Probably been superceded.

Comment

In my humble opnion. Wear what you like, just dont say your something that you are not. We play pretend soldiers, what harm is a patch going to do?

Comment

patches, flashes etc meh do whatever i dont pay much attention to them anyway, half the time doesnt realise they are there..

Beret badges however are a no no for me, if you have served then fine but its the fakers that do my head in and theres too many of em.

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
                  Just got my NOMADS patch through and rocking it! I don't have a problem with people wearing ranks. As I've said before, you could be the Colonel of McDonalds!
                  Everyone knows Colonel is the highest rank at KFC, not McDonalds!
                  sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't wear any qualification flash.

Whether it be commando, sniper, bomb disposal, NAAFI staff...

I share the opinion that if you haven't earned it, you don't have the right...

That doesn't mean that I berate people that do; just my own show of respect.
                    Originally posted by andre the giant
                    ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

Man- I truely am bored and fed up of seeing this thread pop up, I literally couldn't care less what people wear. We all dress up like soldiers and fire fake guns, who gives a flying f*ck if someone wears a badge or something. Your still wearing there camo, what's the difference!!! It's not as if your wearing his bloody name tape and blood group!!

Comment

I dont have a problem with people choosing to do it if they are doing an accurate and respectful imitation of a particular unit, as long as it is accurate and effort has been put in to look the part.

Its when they look like a bag of Sh*t or pretend that they have had something to do with that unit that it does annoy me.

Comment

Well yeah, if they are sat in the safe join giving it big en that there ex-marines and are about 15 years old in jeans and a dpm jacket? Why don't you just ask him questions and be-little him, that'll learn him a lesson.

Or just get on with it as it don't effect you in the SLIGHTEST, just light his ass up with rounds and see how long his fake marine training last him.

Comment

I wear medical markings and skills patches also carry the kit too back it up, there are a small group of us that carry out advanced medical techs if needed.

Comment

I don't think that anybody should get stick for wearing badges considering that they are simply trying to replicate loadouts.

BTW. Please can anyone here point me in the direction of the custom badge maker that I once saw advertsing on here? I saw the guy talking about a small family operation, doing badges and patches.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Snowdrop Find out more about Snowdrop
                              Working...
                              X