Collapse

Telling Blackhawk Clone from genuine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just brought one brand new, this thread made me check, and im glad to say i cant see a hint of brass fixings on mine.....phew.
    Thought it was though has all warranty cards...etc...etc in the box with it.

Comment

Re: Telling Blackhawk Clone from genuine...

Nice, do you mind getting a pic like mine so I can prove mis-selling..

Comment

I will do indeed mate if it helps but cant do it for a couple of days in the middle of moving home and all my kit is in the new place.

Comment

Re: Telling Blackhawk Clone from genuine...

Here we go. First pic shows genuine on the left, clone on the right. You can see that the geuine one does have a very small piece of metal showing, but it's much smaller than the clone and is usually covered in a black paint. The whole boss itself is lower in profile than the clone. Note also the bigger screw heads on the genuine, which have threadlock on them.

Next picture shows trades. See how the genuine one is more pronounced and better moulded? You can also start to see the difference in the plastic. The clone is much more matte and in texture is is also stiffer.

This picture shows the clear difference between the appearance of the plastic. If we go really anal we can see moulding lines are more pronounced (around the serpa button) on the clone and of course the passive retention screw on the genuine. Ignore the faux carbon fibre on the genuine, that is an option I wanted and many genuine ones won't have it.

Last picture shows what can happen with the clone mounting bosses. IMO you would really need to go some to rip them out, especially all of them at the same time. As has been said though, it's not really possible on the genuine holsters - if it got to that stage the holster itself would be history. If you were to rip out the clone bosses, some araldite or similar could be used as a repair.

Hope that helps, any Q's fire away

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
          TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RastaBlasta Find out more about RastaBlasta
          Working...
          X