Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Being ripped off by postage on classifieds - Bother you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being ripped off by postage on classifieds - Bother you?

Right guys so i cant say i've fallen victim to this problem, but trawling through the classifieds i've seen so many exaggerations on P&P its unbelievable

For instance it cost me £12 INSURED to post second class an entire gun + mags & other accessories (G&G Aims)

& then only £13 to post a G&G SR25 + scope, 4 mag's & other bits & bobs, & anyone who's ever wielded one will know how heavy these are, so where does charging £15 for a POLYMER! under slung accessory get justified?

i know this is abit of a petty rant, but if someone wanted to charge me over the odds on postage it would defiantly deter me from buying something

Am i the only one?
    'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Re: Being ripped off by postage on classifieds - Bother you?

er second class only insures you for 41 pounds mate. if the item is worth more than that you don't get a penny.
    plus base parcelforce is 12.99 so 2 pounds for packing is not unreasonable
    trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

The most I've ever paid for postage was around the £18 mark. It was an AW338 with additional insurance to cover its value. *I* didnt belive it was going to cost that much. But it did. Edit: I was the one posting.

I cant say I've noticed a lot of people asking over the odds for postage, as so many people price things as posted. Possibly asking over the odds in general however... isn't trying to rip anyone off.

If you think the postage price being asked for it too much, haggle, or ask to be shown the recipt after postage for a refund of the difference. If the seller dosen't want to negociate reasonable terms, they're not worth you're time.

Comment

Not really....

Postage and packaging.

Postage is £10 itself for example, but I have to bag the thing up, take it down the post office and queue up. So charging £15 isn't a con, it's really a £5 discount there for people to pick it up and save me the hassle.

Comment

For items like my TM m14 with 7 mags and a scope mount which i am going to post with insurance it might cost £20+ very weighty gun plus it needs to have insurance over £300 so id say its not a con at all.
          sigpic

Airsoft Clan logo's designed for you for £5.00

Comment

What a silly thread...

Comment

i had a gun turn up yesterday, it came next sign for, £21.61.... according to royal snail it cost that for anthing over 2kg-20kg for next day sign for..... robbing basta....

Comment

Unfortunately, I'd like to say that the packaging cost is negated in my opinion...

You can go to Aldi, Netto and Lidl supermarkets, ask for used boxes (or empty) and they will give them to you. This is just an example. I'm positive you can actually go elsewhere and obtain what you need to secure your goods. Furthermore, if you're using parcelforces 48 service which costs £13, then I'd assume you're posting a gun off. If this is the case, did you not retain the original packaging?

I have 7 or 8 empty rifle boxes in the loft, for example. Yes they are a bit annoying having to hoard all of them, but at least it saves a little bit of hassle. I actually own 13 rifles, so I have binned some over the time.

(Generalisation :- I understand that people's property may not have as much space in thus rendering the above impossible.)

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Eh, sometimes its annoying. Like when you pay £10 P&P and when the item arrives, the stamp says something like £1.99. But you know what really pisses me off?

When places like Z1 or other retailers have a "flat rate" for postage, so it costs me like £7 shipping for them to send me a spring, or a hop rubber...

I suppose its great if youre putting in a huge order for 10 guns and 30kh of bb's! But generally it annoys the shit out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post

When places like Z1 or other retailers have a "flat rate" for postage, so it costs me like £7 shipping for them to send me a spring, or a hop rubber...
                    This shouldn't be the case anymore. ZeroOne give the buyer the choice of what method to use. For example, with a spring, I think First Class costs £2. I'd say that was fine.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Well thats good... :D I retract my previous statement.

Comment

i aways look at postage or delivery as part of the cost of the gun when buying and when selling i charge 10.00 as i us a carrier
                        or i advertise as a delivered price and dont single out how much it is

i like to think anyone that buys from me gets exactly what i offer

so long as its clearly stated i dont see the problem. If i were quoted more than 25.00 for delivery i would concider the seller to be off his head but then not everyone has access to carriers

i have had accounts for years witrh a number of companies and 10.00 for a parcel upto 15 kg is not un usual

1 pound per kilo even is a good measure

there have been threads on here suggesting different parcel delivery companies like Home Delivery Network, UK mail, interlink etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                          Eh, sometimes its annoying. Like when you pay £10 P&P and when the item arrives, the stamp says something like £1.99. But you know what really pisses me off?

I suppose its great if youre putting in a huge order for 10 guns and 30kh of bb's! But generally it annoys the shit out of me.
                          DEFO, that well irritates me, you want like 2 pouches costing about a tenner and they want you to pay £8+ in postage aswell. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989 View Post
                            DEFO, that well irritates me, you want like 2 pouches costing about a tenner and they want you to pay £8+ in postage aswell. Crazy.
                            Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                            This shouldn't be the case anymore. ZeroOne give the buyer the choice of what method to use. For example, with a spring, I think First Class costs £2. I'd say that was fine.
                            It's all based on weight I think too. But I'm well impressed with all the options Z1 give now.

Comment

If I were going to quote postage extra, I'd be inclined to use the Post Office web site to estimate the cost, round up to the nearest £5, then refund the difference if it actually comes in under (and state that in the ad).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Discoshrew Find out more about Discoshrew
                              Working...
                              X