This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Headshot Thread.

well stop moaning bout headshots . if the shot there for face take it . and i can gurantee if you ask any good sniper player for there best shot it will be a LR head shot

Comment

IMHO, Headshots are an unavoidable part of airsoft, Unless you plan on staying lower than snake s**t.

Sometimes thats all you can see of the guy or girl on the the opposing team.

"Superior Firepower: If it's not working, you're not using enough!"

Comment

bingo .

NEK i used my l96 on weekend mate . hehehe well mean now mate now it been upgraded alot i mean a little bit

Comment

DING DING DING DING!!
          you sir are my hero, on the same wave length nearly

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
          well stop moaning bout headshots . if the shot there for face take it . and i can gurantee if you ask any good sniper player for there best shot it will be a LR head shot

Comment

Originally posted by MiniSnipa View Post
            DING DING DING DING!!
            you sir are my hero, on the same wave length nearly

any time . .

still hero in and out of the army . even when not sniper on base . yay

hehehe :D

Comment

Personally I think the mark of a good sniper is not being able to take a LR headshot, but to be able to place a LR shot on the parts of the body that are visible and fair game within the rules of the site.

But that's just my opinion. I've taken faceshots in the past with good grace, even when I've been bleeding like a pig, because it's one of those things. I'm also courteous enough to aim lower down the body the closer I get to my target, to avoid hitting the head by accident - I'm sure a lot of people would be grateful of that.

As a marshall at my site, I frown upon those that take aim at the head deliberately (snipers or otherwise) when another part of the body is showing or would make a better target. In order to mediate disputes, if the offending player could have taken a body shot but chose not to, a warning was issued. If a player complained to me about receiving a headshot when the only target that player presented was their head, then it would be pointed out to them that it was fair game.

This seems to be the view of a lot of people on this forum, but not all players agree - fair enough. It's also the case that it would appear that different sites have different rules. If you dont like the headshot rule in operation at your site, then wear a full face mask, or move sites. But I think that what it all boils down to is this, if you can be courteous and sportsmanlike, then do so. If you refuse to be courteous, then please dont be suprised if other players on the field turn on you.
              WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

cant see what the fuss is about, it is a part of the game but at the end of the day you will get shot in the face,
                If someone is lying down on the floor, chances are your only going to hit the head.
                And in CQB unless you have to gun pointing low you will shoot them in the face.

And if you quickly see a guy and its basically a go of first hit first out you will be quick.. Noone is going to aim directly for the torso in such a quick moment its just point and shoot..

Agreeable there will be some tw***s that only go for the head.. which is bang out of order, but people need to understand that in some circumstances there is no other choice.

and at my local site the rules are under 18 you have to wear full face protection.. over 18 any face protection, but if its not full face you arent covered by insurance in any way shape or form.. If you fall over and break your leg you arent covered...

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

it nothing to do sportsman like if using sniper rifle from 60-80 m away people in dpm or other types of camo by a tree u really going to risk 3 shots before hitting a body part or one excellent placed shot if you see a glimmer from the lense's of google or pink of flesh

sorry but head shots part of the game well within the rules aslong as proper range

fps range

280 below- 25m's
                  450+ over 35m's away

they the limits most of the sites a play at use

so it fair

the safety brief on any site advise head gear be worn but if google wearers choose to then so be it . let them learn the ways of airsoft .

but pain goes after taking certain ammount of heador face shots close range , cqb , LR
                  continuous from support gun dot dot dot

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                    u really going to risk 3 shots before hitting a body part or one excellent placed shot if you see a glimmer from the lense's of google or pink of flesh
                    But if you were good at "excellently placed shots" surely you'd be able to "excellently place" a shot on a body part OTHER than the head if it was visible? After all, you're the one that's meant to be the marksman?
                    WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

People are confusing being hit in the head to being deliberately shot in the head, and we are going round in circles, so I will summerise and lock

People agree that,

Accidental headshots will happen.
                      If your worried about them wear protective clothing.
                      If the head is all that is showing then, it is a viable target
                      Long distance snipping head shots are fine, even if other parts of a player are visable as it shows what a good shot they are.

People do not agree that

If you cant stand the heat stay out of the kitchen is a good argument.
                      You should not Airsoft if you don't want to get hurt. I play for fun, not pain
                      Long distance snipping head shots are fine, even if other parts of a player are visable as it shows what a good shot they are. as if your such a good shot you should be able to hit a harder target like the hands.

and for all those who think it is fun, or funny to deliberately shot people in the head at close range, or with multiple rounds when other targets are visable, well for that I will leave to Karma.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Prev Find out more about Prev
                      Working...
                      X