Flashlights for Airsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashlights for Airsoft

Well, thought I'd open this question out to you ladies and gentleman of the forum, and ask for advice on a flashlight that I'm looking at buying...

Great price for what I'm getting, and I'd probably get two of them, to mount either side of my P90, just to really scare some people...
    [Now as this is only advertising a retailer that deals with things other than airsoft, I don't think this is considered as braking the rules?]

http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/ult...ht-p-1038.html

It's $18 for that light, which as you can see is 370 Lumens, up to 420. Not bad, for the price, and having another one would be similar to having something 800 - odd lumens. (Although in technical terms, I understand that 1 900Lumen light would probably be brighter than 2 450lumen lights?)
    Mounts are a further $8, and shipping $2, so roughly $30 - £22 each.

Also, on the left hand side of their website, there are quite a few sections containing various types of lights - but which is the best?
    Seoul Z-Power LED Flashlight
    Luxeon LED Flashlight
    CREE LED Flashlight
    Xenon Flashlight
    LED Flashlight

Any help or advice would be great, thanks, regards, Matt.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Re: Flashlights for Airsoft

naa what you need to do is get some cheap led chinky ones off ebay and stick them on a rail then mount them thats what i have done and its been shot and droped and stuck in water and it still works and since its LED and theres about 18 of them its bloody bright as well

Comment

I assume having 'TORCHES' for your P90 is for night games? Personally I think only a fool would strap a 'TORCH' onto their weapon unless they are conducting some form of urban operation. In woodland having a touch attached just gives your position away and if you do manage to secure some hits then what the hell is your target doing anywhere near someone with a lightsource disrupting their night vision.

Comment

If your budget streches to it, look at the blackhawk or Surefire torches. They are the best of the best imo.

Ive used the blackhawk torch which has a funky strobe effect on it which really disorintates the person on the other end.
        Im currently looking at getting a surefire torch for the WE GBB SCAR that ive just ordered. But now I think about I might go see what Blackhawk have to offer.
        TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
        Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
        Maruzen APS Type 96
        TM P226, Tac Master .
        WE SCAR + VFC UGL
        KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

argggggggh - what ever you do - do not get a surefire-my mate got one and paid 130 quid for it, yes thats right 130 quid, it is a nice torch but i have never seen a more obvious example of paying for a name!
          i got virtually the same torch off ebay with all fittings and a tail switch for 100 quid less, and mine is twice as bright too-body shape is identical and when you have it monted to your rif you cant see the brand name anyway!

sorry in advance to all you surefire owners-but i had to get off me chest
          'so long, and thanks for all the fish'

Comment

I apologies, as I can't actually help you here, but guys, he's not really asking for other suggestions right now I don't think. He wants some help with the bellow:

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
            which is the best?
            Seoul Z-Power LED Flashlight
            Luxeon LED Flashlight
            CREE LED Flashlight
            Xenon Flashlight
            LED Flashlight
            Sit on your hands, and I reckon a more knowledgeable source will hit this thread soon...

Alex (mj23lj)
            Trader Feedback:
            New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
            Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

my bad-i was i rant mode!

i would recommened cree led

PROS:
              great brightness and battery longevity most available are over 200 lumens.
              bulbs are easily sourced.

CONS: replacement bulbs are around 15 quid and as with most high lumens lamps can get a bit hot!
              you normally need c123 bats which arent cheap but rechargables are available.

hope this is more helpful.
              'so long, and thanks for all the fish'

Comment

Yes, MJ, you are correct, but I'd like to point out that I'm also interested in what other people use, and as outlined by richy, whether one is good or bad, relative to the price etc.

Regards, Matt.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I currently use a little torch (no bigger than your finger) with a cree q5 LED in it, and its BRIGHT!! 80+ lumens for something that small... you can get the bulbs realtively easily, they last for 50,000 hours+ and you can get all of this, like Richy says, with a mount and tail pressure switch for under £30!

Please see this thread, as well as iTrader, for trader feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26651

Comment

remember that while leds have the advantage of being brighter and using less battery they have a much lower penetration than a conventional bulb so if you want to iluminate say a room an led light is good but if you are at a fixed position and trying to use the torch to search say in woodland games an led won't be nearly as good even the £100 torches can't beat a cheap conventional bulb
                    I.L.F.O.R
                    International London Forces

Airsoft-the only excuse to shoot your mates

Comment

Originally posted by Prev View Post
                      If your budget streches to it, look at the blackhawk or Surefire torches. They are the best of the best imo.

Ive used the blackhawk torch which has a funky strobe effect on it which really disorintates the person on the other end.
                      Im currently looking at getting a surefire torch for the WE GBB SCAR that ive just ordered. But now I think about I might go see what Blackhawk have to offer.
                      Use that thing near me, and after I've had my seizure I'm going to seriously consider shoving it up your poop shaft :P

For military use it's fine (in a warped sense), but for a weekend warrior it's not such a good idea. You have no idea who has epilepsy, and I'd rather not have my game and resulting week ruined because someone went OTT with their gadgets.
                      Does not speak moron.

Comment

i recommend any surefire torch

i also have a king arms m3 tac light which is used on both pistols and rifles, its hellishly bright, about 3/4 the brightness of the G&P m500 handguard surefire torch

also there is a company called spider-fire that also produce some very bright torches
                        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gaffa Nicknamed "Gaffa" because I can be bossy, but get the job done! I'm built for comfort, not speed... Find out more about Gaffa
                        Working...
                        X