Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Options/price on an entire near internal set.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options/price on an entire near internal set.

I have an LR300 with Prime kit which is my main AEG. I love my Prime kit, but want to update the internas. It currently has a fully functioning and relatively effective 'custom' set in there, but they're not of any top quality branding, so I'm thinking of sending it off to somewhere like Zeroone to have them stick in a decent new GB, tightbore, hop, etc.

Can someone in the know give me some ideas of what might be the best options for this, and, if possible, some ideas on price?
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Re: Options/price on an entire near internal set.

Element 9mm gearbox with a Element motor to suit. A TBB or TK barrel and a nice rubber.

All for under £100 inc. postage.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Id avoid the Element gearbox. I had one, it came locked, and just kept on locking itself up.

My Cyma Gearbox on the other hand has been fantastic, but Im not sure they make a version 2!

Comment

Thats because you can't work them right.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
        A brain?
        Originally posted by snuff
        Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

lol true. Im not great with gearboxes at all!

Comment

you can pickup a new complete g&p gearbox for about 60 pounds if you know where to look, then a new g&p motor and a new barrel for just over 100 pounds

Comment

If money is not an option (as you're looking for the BEST) Modify gearbox case in 8mm flavour. Get some Kanzen 8mm bushings.

Then completely out-fit the gearbox with modify or prometheus parts, or a mixture. Get the modify smooth gear set - speed type.

This full setup of parts alone will cost around £200 ish. But that price tag is for a reason (too cheap - too good to be true? Too expensive - must be damn good!)

As for a motor - if you pop an Element Max Speed motor or better yet, a HS-50000L motor, you're going to be looking at high-twenties RPS even on an 8.4v Mini. A 7.4v lipo will pop you around 35 per second, and on a 9.6v you can get in an LR-300, around 37.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I was rather impressed with the G&P gearbox I got - although it did come with poly bushes

Comment

My main problem, if I'm doing the work myself, is that I need something relatively simple that I can essentially just 'drop-in.'

G&P 8mm gearboxes are relatively available?

Anybody got anything good or bad to say about them?
                  102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

G&P make good stuff, would get an M4 by them if I had the dosh.

I have heard opinions that they have a tendancy to eat themselves if push too much though

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Longshot Find out more about Longshot
                    Working...
                    X