GRR fleabay guidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GRR fleabay guidelines

Phone up zeroone, ask them to check an UKARA number. You can give the address the buyer listed, and if Z1 have the same address in front of them, then they'll say "yes that's fine".

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

If you are looking to sell a complete gun, you would get the contact details of the site the buyer goes to. Then ring them to make sure they are regular skirmishers and over 18.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I should have phrased my question better (as I'm aware of using a retailer to check)

What I suspect is, most people actually don't and I'm sure if everyone did, Zeroone would limit/stop RIF sales on here.

Originally posted by midas View Post
        If you are looking to sell a complete gun, you would get the contact details of the site the buyer goes to. Then ring them to make sure they are regular skirmishers.
        EXACTLY! which requires no UKARA membership to work!
        Last edited by Gaffa; 29 January, 2011, 16:03. Reason: Merged posts
        Originally posted by palmer234
        Swerve talks sense. I like him.
        Originally posted by Robin-Hood
        Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Perhaps, but remember that people can phone other retailers, and that although this is hosted by ZeroOne, Z1 are not directly affiliated with the forum.

Edit - True, UKARA is not needed, but it's a good way of telling whether someone has the relevant defence.

But there's a difference to being Ukara reg'd and being a regular skrimisher. What stops someone from registering and then never playing airsoft again, but still having the ability to purchase weapons? A flaw in the law of course, unless site owners set expiry dates on their members forms.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Ah but that requires people to be UKARA registered for personal sales. It's a side issue really.
            Originally posted by palmer234
            Swerve talks sense. I like him.
            Originally posted by Robin-Hood
            Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Taken from the VCRA UKARA section.

Q: But I want a realistic one. How do I get one?

A: By proving that you are a regular Airsoft player. This can be done in a number of ways. UKARA registration is the easiest, but this is a system set up by the retailers to protect themselves and is not a legal requirement. Basically, you need to convince the person selling the gun that you qualify as a regular player. How you do this is between you and them, but examples of acceptable checks would be (for example) knowing the other person through playing at the same sites, a phone call to your regular site confirming that you are a player there, confirming via other players (whom the seller feels that they can trust) that you are a regular player. Some form of playing diary, or logbook, stamped by sites when you play there would also be acceptable.
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

In the site owner's absence, I had to speak, over the phone, to a retailer who was about to sell 3 of our members quite a few guns. They had sent their UKARA forms out, but all it takes is a simple confirmation call.

I even had a list of dates that said individuals attended, so could prove they had been on site on X, Y, Z dates.

Comment

what were you trying to sell on the bay?
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

to the op i think people get away with it when they put in bold at the bottom that its a toy and cannot be modified to fit or fire a real weapon

Comment

writing those words goes without saying

its a disclaimer that should always be stated

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                        writing those words goes without saying

its a disclaimer that should always be stated
                        the op didnt state he did though im just making sure

Comment

i feel there is a posibility that the disclaimer has not been added

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                            Nope. we cant mention any other retailers than Zero on.
                            Unless of course the other retailer in question is getting a good slagging... http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=90230

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SR Find out more about SR
                            Working...
                            X