Eotech nd magnifier vs acog docter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eotech nd magnifier vs acog docter

Quite simply what do people prefer: acog with a doctor red do or an eotech with a magnefier?
    I want to make a gun with the ability of some zoom, but I also want a standard non loomed sight too.
    What do you prefer?
    acog with docter
    54.35%
    eotech with magnifier
    45.65%

Re: Eotech nd magnifier vs acog docter

Prefer the look of eotechs and mine does look good, only downside is that as a clone, the lens us tinted so doesn't work too well in low light. I have looked at a magnifier, but to be honest, the range that airsoft guns shoot doesn't, in my mind justify one.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Having a RS ACOG i just have to put a point up for it. I do however have to agree with the man above that although it's a fantastic piece of optics, airsoft guns will never use it to full potential (i do however find myself using it a lot even in cqb o.O)
      sigpic

"War requires a sledgehammer but will be decided with a scalpel"

Comment

Out of the two, Eotechs look better on their own. But I chose the ACOG/Docter combo because you don't have to fiddle about flipping a magnifier out of the way to view it in a 1x capacity- all you have to do is move your eyeline a little with the ACOG/Docter.

Comment

Depends on how often you need the non-magnifying optic. Eotech is obviously better than a docter sight.
          However I find that the Trijicon Acogs are of a better quality than the Eotech or Aimpoint Magnifier regarding the lenses. Refering to the original optics of course.

Beside that, Acog + Docter is lighter than Eotech + Magnifier.
          ---- We love airsoft... every day! ----

Comment

For me I prefer the look of the Eotech and Magnifier combo, just looks nice in my opinion and works well together.
            sigpic

Comment

I've owned both set-ups, as well as an Aimpoint with 2x zoom. And of the options you've listed, go ACOG. To be fair though, I don't see the point in a zoom on airsoft gats. It's barely worth it for a sniper rifle, let alone an AEG.
              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

This of course depends on the rifle, for a longer rifle I would opt for the acog, and shorter for the eotech. But that's just me :p

Comment

ACOG!

Comment

Voted ACOG, but all depends on the type of gun being used, and what your using it for. ACOG are good at woodland sites for spotting people at a distance (magnified, not red dot ones - might not hit them at the range but you might spot them). CBQ is eotech and short barrelled weapons.

Comment

I love both, and to be fair the comments about people seeing no point in a zoom jobby i disagree.

There have been many times i have been using a eotech/open sights and i wish i using a zoom optic, the main reason to see where shots are going / landing.

Comment

ACOG although I never use for shots, just spotting targets at distance and where they are headed etc
                        sigpic

Comment

Thing is, the docter sight is quite similar in operation to the eotech. Its 6 and two 3's if yours using the magnifier with an eotech.

Comment

i personally prefer the ACOG and doctor

the flip to side mount just annoys me and it takes time to transition from magnified to eotech

i generally use the acog but its just nice to use the doctor when i go indoors or whatever
                            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Acog and Docter

Eotechs are great, but with a magnifier just seems like a crap afterthought, and take up too much space.
                              Acog and Docter is gives you the same advantages but in a smaller package.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marksman556 Find out more about Marksman556
                              Working...
                              X