an idea to discourage cheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: an idea to discourage cheating

in a game that is solely based on honesty,i grates me that i keep reading about the cheats. Is the way forward to have more marshals. how about listing the players or crew that keep re-aff.ending.failing that. if when your party turns up at a skirmish and the few cheats are there, then refuse to compete if they are allowed in the games. With the money that each player spends on this sport/hobby from guns and equipment to clothing and the general walk on prices, shouldnt we really start doing something about this now. From what ive read ,the way forward will have to lye with the organisers of the events.If people are reporting the cheats then its the responsibilty of the marshals to warn the person and watch them closely. if it keeps happening the evict them from the game and ban them from that specific venue. only the ones who cheat would have a problem with this. word would soon get around that a venue would not put up with any nonesence and so grow in numbers.This sport has many numbers up and down the country and really wouldn,t suffer from the loss of cheats.

Comment

It kinda makes sense, but i think punishment will always work better than rewards, like a timeout or something... it would also save money.. but not a bad idea though...

Comment

Bit of a mixed bag. People shouldnt be cheating anyway.

On the other hand, a free game would be a good idea. No major loss to the site, as letting a person play for free doesnt take up mass resources and doesnt cost the site, and the player saves like £10 - £25. I wouldnt mind a free game now and then. Also shows that honesty in a game of honest people gives rewards.

Comment

What about vouchers for airsoft shops and discount on airsoft sites?
          Originally posted by psirus101
          I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

I'm pretty new to the whole thing but I have already had my fair share of cheaters the easiest way of dealing with them is to first make sure you have hit them lol I know before I got used to my gun I could swear I was hitting him lol but If you know 100% you made contact. Report to the marshal and tell him your going to deal with it then simply walk straight towards them as long as you don't mind getting shot by them and just pelt them with bbs till they accept their hit and I'm guessing they will before you get too close lol. That's how I have delt with them the few games I have played but an easier way is to not whine about it, get your fair share of shots on them then just enjoy the rest of the game. I can deal with cheaters just not the people that bitch all day about it. One thing at the end of our briefings our marshalls say is HAVE FUN.

Comment

people cheating will always ruin the hobby for those who play fair but you need to draw the line between cheaters and peope not taking hits because their not always the same thing.

at some point we're all guilty of not taking hits even if we dont realise it at the time, when your in the thick of it with rounds coming in from multiple directions its easy to have one or two bounce of a vest or a pouch and not notice, at my local recently i was pegging it back down a corridor toward my own team and took 4 hits in the back, i didnt feel them and with my side returning fire i didnt hear them hit either.

They where however spotted by a marshal who grabbed me by the vest and frog marched me back down the corridor to the point i'd been shot and ordered to "wait here till you bleed out" (we have a five minute bleed out rule before you can regen) not a problem, they hit me im out except that later on when i encounter some guy blatently cheating (everytime i hit him he was looking round to see where the shots were coming from then ducking back into cover) i report it to the marshal whose attitude was "should have taken your hits earlier then mate"

my point is that its not ALWAYS easy to prove someone has cheated unless the marshall see's it himself and even then its subjective, more often than not its your word against the cheater and if the guy cheating is the marshalls mate whos are they gonna believe??

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                Lol. I think this could be yore good. Perhaps a prize for one player each day considered to be the pinnacle of what Airsoft sportsmanship is all about.

Or a shot point blank on each knuckle for cheaters. As well as being banned
                Really??

Because nobody ha ever cheated in their entire airsoft life?? Even without knowing it??
                AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Nuttah View Post
                  I have played but an easier way is to not whine about it, get your fair share of shots on them then just enjoy the rest of the game.

I can deal with cheaters just not the people that bitch all day about it. One thing at the end of our briefings our marshalls say is HAVE FUN.

Last part sigged, your famous now
                  AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                  http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                  Working...
                  X