"Looking for this thing you might have" **a quick little rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Looking for this thing you might have" **a quick little rant

This is really directed at the mods who could mayb enact this as I couldn't find any rules about it anywhere in the classified since the rules are all for selling...

This is mainly in the accessories wanted section, but im getting so annoyed at the shear number of people who are looking for a specific parts, the case thats just annoyed me being a ICS M4 lower reciever, but choose to title their thread with:
    "Something im after"

"Click here, list" (when its like 2 items)

And there are many more examples! I just dont get it...surly your going to get more people clicking it that actually have it, if you say what it is you want, and there is ample room in the title box. It just means that I, with lots of random kit to flog have to click on every single ******* one just in case its something I have....and im sure other do to!

So if you all agree, can we please make it mandatory that you have to state close enough, exactly what it is you want (within reason)! Please.

The problem then extends to some degree onto the guns wanted section, not just accessories. Threads like
    "AEG wanted"
    Or
    "Sell me an AEG"

I mean surly if they are going to say that then they may as well trawl through the sales section like the rest of us non lazy people!

now if its "looking for a gun that takes M4 mags"

or even just
    "something fairly small with mags and bat" then fair enough, at least thats a bit more helpfull for sellers!?

What do you think?

**Rant over

Re: "Looking for this thing you might have" **a quick little rant

You still looked inside them threads though

It's mind games, like a link that says "Do Not Click".... impossible to ignore! :D

Comment

Mayb I should edit the title lol!

Comment

If people don't want to give useful titles, don't read their threads. You can bitch and moan all you like. Other people may get annoyed by it, it's still retarded, but it just doesn't bother me any more. Because those threads are as good as non existent to me.
        sigpic
        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Correct me if im wrong, but isn't it forum rules to put an item in the title or such- eg 'ICS M4 lower reciever'
          G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
          RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by your evil twin View Post
            The problem then extends to some degree onto the guns wanted section, not just accessories. Threads like
            "AEG wanted"
            Or
            "Sell me an AEG"
            This always makes me think "Under 18"

Comment

Originally posted by Fingers View Post
              This always makes me think "Under 18"
              agreed, the vague "wanted" posts make me very suspicious... especially when its just "any aeg wanted".... i mean any regular airsofter .. even a newbie would have some idea of what gun they want
              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Agree with the above. Underage, does leap into mind.

Odd how when challenged, so many of these thread starters always say "oh yer forgot twotones only plz!"

Yeah, you forgot.

Comment

We to try to get people to provide as much information as possible. as you have all proberbly seen the new Posting a Classified Thread.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16747

We are only one step away from making the use of the Rampage's Sale Template mandatory, but for the moment we are still allowing people to style there own posts as long as they contain the 8 sections listed for guns and the 5 for Accessories.

This Information is the most commonly ask for, and should be in all sales. Mods will be checking all new posts, and locking those that are missing the information, Threads will be reopened once the missing information is Pm'd to a Mod.

It is a little harder to have a set system for wanted as there are far to many item to cover..... however if a budget and a general idea of what is wanted isn't in the post then I will lock it (from tomorrow).

There is a Rule that the Thread title is surpose to be acurate, if you find one that is not report it, we can retitle most Threads.
                  Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 12 June, 2009, 03:19.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

your evil twin Find out more about your evil twin
                  Working...
                  X