Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systema PTW 2008 Max 2

sorry if this is in the wrong place,
    but could someone please tell me the difference(s) between the first and 2008 versions apart from a new 6.04 TB inner barrel.

also, has anyone got one?
    are they accurate?
    TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
    Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Re: Systema PTW 2008 Max 2

Try the systema-europe forum its dedicated to the PTW has lots of info on them, lots of knowledgable guys just like our forum but for the PTW. There is a thread realated to the 2008 models vs the 2007 models
    http://www.systema-europe.com/Forum/...s.asp?TID=1784
    (shouldn't break any rules linking as its not to a shop or selling anything)

If link not up just search 2008 vs 2007.

I had a Systema m4a1 PTW Max2 it was amazing to use loved every second, if i could have afforded to keep it i would have, the sound it made firing, the range, the wieght, the look, the easy of spring change for different fps limits and the crane stock (mainly the rubber inserts on it).
    Very accurate had a 4x32 acog on it because it was actually worth aiming at longer distances with it.
    Last edited by music_man613; 12 January, 2009, 17:55. Reason: typo

Comment

kwl, i am saving and saving.....
      i just needed to know if the extra £250 was worth it =]

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...

Comment

The actual max over the normal 2008? not unless you plan on using the red cylinder which gives out above 490fps. Using the gold cylinder on the normal 2008 models is fine and that fires at above 420fps and give you ample range if you plan on semi-only.

The max has a hardened piston gear to make it able to withstand the m150 spring, you can still use the 12v battery on both guns with increased ROF

Comment

ok, so the 2008 versions are much better than the 07's from what i can make out...

but the difference between an 08 and an 08 max is just the strengthened gear for m150 right?

Comment

pretty much thats it - the MAX has a couple of differences - Stronger gears to deal with the M150 Cylinder.

Stainless stock tube.

the max2 is a Max with a M90 cyl supplied instead of a M150 & the standard "Gen3" with updated electronics just without the stronger gears & has a black stock tube.

The link musicman provided is for a PTW owners forum & there is a whole wealth of information on there that you wont find else where along with specalists in dealing with PTW's.
            I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

No they're not accurate, they've got terrible hop-up which has still to be rectifyed unfortunately . The PTW hop needs completely redesigned which is why you'll see most AEG's with a decent hop system being a lot more accurate.

MAX Differences:
              Steel Barrel
              Stronger gears (The 4 tiny tiny ones)
              Stupid stainless stocktube
              Handguards are different
              Grip is different

Few other bits that escape my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Beast ASI View Post
                No they're not accurate, they've got terrible hop-up which has still to be rectifyed unfortunately . The PTW hop needs completely redesigned which is why you'll see most AEG's with a decent hop system being a lot more accurate.

MAX Differences:
                Steel Barrel
                Stronger gears (The 4 tiny tiny ones)
                Stupid stainless stocktube
                Handguards are different
                Grip is different

Few other bits that escape my mind.
                Gen 3 also have steel barrels I've seen quite a few as standard.
                I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

No they're not accurate, they've got terrible hop-up which has still to be rectifyed unfortunately
                  so this goes against what i have heard before,
                  i heard that they were deadly accurate.
                  i will get on the PTW forums and get a broader spectrum of opinions,
                  i am not saying i dont believe you, but i was always told they were accurate. Certainly more accurate than TM,CA and G&P anyway...

Comment

Nope, they use aluminum barrels.

Anything you've seen has been changed from stock.

Comment

but dont the 2008 versions run a 6.04 TB?

Comment

Originally posted by bushmonkey View Post
                        so this goes against what i have heard before,
                        i heard that they were deadly accurate.
                        i will get on the PTW forums and get a broader spectrum of opinions,
                        i am not saying i dont believe you, but i was always told they were accurate. Certainly more accurate than TM,CA and G&P anyway...
                        Go on the PTW forums, people with more knowledge of PTW's than me will agree with me 100%.

Whoever the hell told you that is bs'ing you. Possibly because they have one and want to make it sound the best performing gun ever - Because they're not, I've had 2 of them and sold more I'll fully admit that a TM at the same FPS will be more accurate and outrange a PTW.

The hop design is flawed - Fact, which is the reason for the accuracy problems.

Comment

there accuracy is suspect till you give them love, when you do and tallbloke will agree with me you can out snipe snipers with them.

Comment

*Sigh*

Comment

a TM at the same FPS will be more accurate and outrange a PTW.
                              Correct, but once the hopup mod is done it wipes the floor with the TM. One thing to bare in mind that the most accurate barrel for the PTW is the CQB one, bizarre but true.
                              Current Armoury
                              ---------------

Systema M4A1
                              VFC Scar L
                              Galaxy MP5K
                              ICS MP5 A2
                              AA SA80
                              DBOYS M4 CASV
                              JG G36
                              KSC M945
                              TM M92F Biohazard

Comment