What type of foregrip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of foregrip?

Looking for some opinions on the type of foregrip to get.

Either a folding vertical grip or a fixed vertical grip. Mainly thinking about aesthetics here but practicality is obviously a plus too!

All your opinions are valued!

Cheers.

Re: What type of foregrip???

AFG.

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
    You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
    Kid has issues

Comment

you could always just hold your rifle properly.
      its not a tommy gun is it?
      trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

^ This.

Or an AFG/stubby. Long vertical grips give no benefit to the firer; they just encourage bad habits i.e. holding the rifle like a tommy gun (inherently unstable) and it's just something else to get caught on stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by baffled.orange View Post
          AFG.
          That. Half way between a vert grip and no grip at all. Works very well I find.
          Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
          you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
          eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

It's for an M4.

I had thought about an AFG.

I'm thinking more aesthetics...I probably wouldn't even hold onto it Begs the question of "What's the point then?" - Well to make it look nice? =P

Comment

dont bother rifles look nicer without them anyway

but if you've really got your heart set on one just buy one of them cheap plastic ones that cost about a fiver and do the job without spending 32,000 pounds on magpul crap when all it is is a funny shaped bit of plastic :D

*this post may contain slight exaggerations*
              Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
              I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

NO NO NO! look you must have a vertical grip, SO, YOU CAN DO THE SKORPION HOOOOLLLLD AND GET RID OF ALL THAT MUZZLE SWAY, ALL THAT MUZZLE SWAY, YOU SEE IT, YOU SEE IT?

well you cant now, BECAUSE ITS GONE COS YOU GOT A VG!..VG VERTICAL GRIP VG!

annnyway

Verticals..AFG's...Bricks..whatever you choose some may be of comfort or maybe for looks.

Think about what happens to you in a skirmish, do you find your arms aching n resting the rifle a lot etc etc, then look at the options

grip pod
                AFG
                standard VG

etc etc

Comment

I dont know much about makes/types but I love mine, stuff the tommy gun comments, load of balls (pun intended). Its far more comfortable to hold a grip than the gun... saying that I just got an m203 for mine so the verty grip might be getting a shifty but thats only because launchers are fun :D

This isnt my one, but its not too far off... £16 tho? Paid a fiver for mine which is more like it considering it is really just a bit of plastic lol. http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=3546

Comment

robharris21 - Agreed. Got one for £4. I'd compare Magpul to Apple in that sense! I think I can mention Apple considering they are hardly an airsoft company competing against Zero One!

LtPurcy - Haha. Standard VG FTW! I hold onto the mag anyway but I'd like one just because I can attach it.

Bandeen - I agree that is pricey. I guess you'd get an ACM one for a fiver. Big brands = increase in price...

Comment

Im a bit of a magpul whore but im really liking their railed vertical grip, small and light weight and feels nice in the hand (sounds a bit wrong that) :D

Edit: no cheap though but i went for a clone
                      sigpic

Comment

I prefer stubby grips on carbines and AFGs on rifles.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

rob-wj Been into airsoft for a few years now...Can't beat it! Find out more about rob-wj
                        Working...
                        X