Airsoft profiteering..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft profiteering..

Hey guys i've been thinking to myself and wondering if anyone else does this. When i first started airsofting my budget was £120 and since that without adding more than around £50 i've managed to gear myself up with around £700's worth of gear and guns, purely from buying, upgrading and selling on.

So my question is;

Have any of you lot done this and how effective has it been for you?

SSD
    Originally Posted by balaclava ben
    i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
    sigpic

Re: Airsoft profiteering..

I have a friend, who claims he started out with £20. Ended up with a rifle which he sold for £300.

Comment

I find all this quite hard to believe.

I've probably spent something in the region of £500 on postage alone in last 12-18 months. That's a fair dent on the profit margin when you trading.

Comment

often.
        ive made about 1200 since i started.
        *not includeing the guns i buy new or such*

Comment

I lose out all the time. I do now and again get a bargain, which i sell on to get something a little special. But as i'm indecisive i often buy things that i don't need. Or end up selling at a loss very quickly

Comment

Surely if your making money someone must be losing it ...

Over all I think I have lost about 200
            TAE

Comment

I just about balance out, i tend to order loads of stuff form china and end up shifting it on for the price I paid or a bit more depending on item. I change my mind about it once received but then anything that is "profit" from selling it on goes towards off-setting the loss I have made on guns. Bbought about 4-5 in the space of about 3-4 months and moved them on as they just didnt seem to suit (same as Hunter101 as im very indecisive about kit and guns), although I have made as loss on a few recently, hasnt bothered me though to much as got guns that I now love.

When people upgrade from a small budget this is a natural progression. I started on with a viper £25 vest, 3 x JG mags and a JG plastic MP5, all in it was about £150, nothing wrong with this and I remember this gun with great fondness as it was my first, since then I spent about the same on batteries and a couple of mags for my SOPMOD

I dont tell the wife all this though :D
              Last edited by Rainbow6; 20 February, 2011, 07:47. Reason: Spelling & add comment
              sigpic

Comment

I do this all the time, I have never made a loss on anything I sold (except my PDI hop unit I just sold).

I import bb's direct from the manufacturer in Italy and then sell them on at site, I make a very good margin on these.

However I have 72 bottles of .25 due on Monday and these are a bulk order for someone so margin isn't quite as good but it's a quick turnaround.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Caveira; 20 February, 2011, 10:59. Reason: Selling in competition to zero one

Comment

Ive amounted a total price of all my gear guns etc, at around £1200, and ive only put around £400 into airsoft, but then again, ive never bought anything new... ;p
                  Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
                  Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
                  Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
                  Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Biggest profit I have ever made was after buying 4x CYMA MP5's for £70, then selling each for £55, hence making roughly £130. Twas a little different though since I sold them all to my team - I used all the profit to buy more uniforms.

Comment

Some posts deleted at users request and all others referring to it also deleted.

Please stay away from the subject of commercial sales.
                      sigpic

Comment

Made quite abit and also lost abit

But ce la vis,

If your only making money somethings sounds awfully fishy and will stay away from you

Everyone WILL lose due to it being a buyers Market

Comment

Aside from one gun in the past, I don't buy second hand, only new. And second hand guns never fetch new prices. So Ive come out of it down.

But then again I do have an awesome collection of beautiful and extremely effective guns. So I dont view myself as coming out at a loss.
                          AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

It is quite easy, if your good at tech, internal and cosmetic to pic up old AEG's and make them shiny and good again and pic up a bit of profit, or, if you really dont care what you trade for then you can sometimes get some great trades, as if someone really specifically wants an M14, and you have a cyma one, and they have some uber DMR M4, you might be able to get a trade with only a little cash on top, and if yo bought the cyma for £60 broken and fixed it up then the profit is massive, keep doing that and you all good!

However, from my experience im pretty skeptical about some of the figures being thrown around here, I wander, when you say "iv spent x amount of money, and now iv got this much value" is the latter part in value new, i.e youve just added up the RRP, or is it in second hand value, in which case you may well just be being optimistic about the value of your kit?

Comment

im pretty sure i've lost alot more than i have gained..... your always going to lose something its an inevitable part of life!

like when you buy a car it instantly loses value... same applies to airsoft (excluding some things which seem to hold there value pretty well... ptw's etc..)

im not really into TRYING to make a profit... if i want to sell something i sell it for slightly less or the same amount as i brought it for. NO BIG FUSS AYYEEE!!
                              Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
                              I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SniperSayDIE 2 year Airsoft veteran and gun surgeon =] Find out more about SniperSayDIE
                              Working...
                              X