changing airsoft parts for real steel parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing airsoft parts for real steel parts

Ok, so i have an airsoft glock 17 and an deac glock 17, can i swap the spring etc from the real steel into the airsoft gun? and what effect would this have?

Sorry if its a stupid question, just curious.
    TM M4A1 (With RIS Grip, Kings arm laser, G&P flashlight and ACOG 4x36 scope), JG VSR 10, KWC glock 17. Full british DDPM loadout.

Re: changing airsoft parts for real steel parts

The gas wont be powerful enough to force the slide back with such a strong spring. It wont work basically :P

Comment

haha oh yeah, forgot about the blowback :p
      TM M4A1 (With RIS Grip, Kings arm laser, G&P flashlight and ACOG 4x36 scope), JG VSR 10, KWC glock 17. Full british DDPM loadout.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this would be illegal.

Comment

How? plenty of folks use real steel parts on airsoft guns-AKs are usually the most common as parts like handguards are butchered and mod'd onto an airsoft gun.

I see where your coming from but I would say it falls under the category of "Manufacturing a realistic imitation firearm".
          Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

I was under the impression that fiddling with a deac in any way is a big no no

Comment

If we are just talking about the spring going from a deac into a GBB (which wont work anyway) Legally it's ok. You are in no way attempting to convert either weapon to fire live rounds.

Hope that helps.
              JG HK416 with Working PEQ2 and Real Steel Eotech 552, TM 4.3, KSC Glock 19.

Comment

just so you know, my tm .45 IS running a a RS colt 45 return spring, only problem with it is you have to fiddle with the gun lots to get the gun to fully cycle back, ie hi flows and hammer springs. other wise it just half cycles. Also i only get 8 rounds out of a mag.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdave196 View Post
                  I was under the impression that fiddling with a deac in any way is a big no no
                  Exactly.

I really don't think the police would want people openning deacticated guns, and using the parts from them....

Comment

depends if its a chamber/pressure part. ie breach/barrel that is messed with

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

simonmtchll I like airsoft. Find out more about simonmtchll
                    Working...
                    X