Airsoft made legal in Holland.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft made legal in Holland.

For any of you dutchys lurking, this is one for you to translate as google translate fails. Jist of it is that the freaky deeky dutch get to airsoft in Holland now instead of skipping over to Belgium.

Vandaag berichten wij historisch nieuws in de Nederlandse geschiedenis. Na 7 jaar hard werken, volhouden en overleggen met diverse partijen heeft de Nederlandse Airsoft Belangen Vereniging eindelijk de verlossende woorden voor een ieder die onze sport dierbaar is:
    AIRSOFTAPPARATEN WORDEN BINNEN EEN WETTELIJK KADER MOGELIJK IN NEDERLAND
    Woensdag 16 februari 2011 is een dag die door ons allen voor de rest van ons leven en ver daarna zal worden genoemd als de dag, dat de Airsoftsport een plek heeft gekregen in Nederland.
    Op initiatief van PVV, VVD, CDA en PvdA heeft men staatssecretaris Fred Teeven van Justitie opgeroepen een mogelijkheid te creëren om het bezit van airsoftapparaten toe te staan in Nederland.
    Er zal een deugdelijk wettelijk kader gecreëerd worden die het mogelijk moet maken om airsoftapparaten voor handen te hebben. Wij zullen ons in de komende tijd gaan inzetten om de belangen van de airsoftsport hierin te behartigen.
    Dit betekend niet dat per direct airsoftapparaten legaal zijn in Nederland. Hier moeten uiteraard wetten en regels over opgesteld worden. Dat dit gaat gebeuren is nu in ieder geval zeker!
    Er breekt voor ons allen een hele drukke tijd aan. Er moet ontzettend veel geregeld gaan worden om onze stevige fundering verder uit t e bouwen voor de toekomst van onze sport.
    Wij bedanken iedereen voor de steun die gegeven is de afgelopen jaren. Wij hopen ook op jullie steun voor de komende jaren, want mooie jaren zullen het worden!

Met vriendelijke Airsoftgroet,

Het NABV Bestuur

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Re: Airsoft made legal in Holland.

thats brilliant...if it gets banned here,we can all jump on the ferry to the hook of holland...and have some crazy dutch fun....and play airsoft
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Its no suprise

Every thing else is legal in holland.
      Guns,Hookers and drugs (in that order)

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
        Its no suprise

Every thing else is legal in holland.
        Guns,Hookers and drugs (in that order)
        Airsoft has been illegal in Holland for a very long time, its taken intense lobbying from Airsoft groups to get the law overturned.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

that is a great news, do you know if the same happened to paitnball?
          a french on a wrong side of the channel... but this country is a blast for any big boy in a mid life crisis (vxr8, slot car, CQB airsoft). See you on a wednesday at UA

Comment

Its a very strange world, with some daft laws.

Its good to see more countries recognising it as a sport, less chance of it getting banned.
            Im sure i read that its now a recognised sport over here too .(ill try and find out where i read it)
            Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 22 February, 2011, 16:38. Reason: cleaned to keep on topic

Comment

Holland always seemed to have the craziest laws! Almost the complete opposite of Britain most of the time (drugs, prostitution etc)

But any news of this sort in ANY country of the world is very good for the sport on the whole and hopefully goes some way to counteract the stupid mistake that individuals make that could jeopardise it for us serious skirmishers

Comment

Considering firearms in The Netherlands (not Holland, that is half of the country) are banned outright like Japan this will be the only outlet for any sort of firearm ownership over there so i can see it having a very big market for collectors too.

Good to hear when i visit relatives over there that i can potential play a game too.

'FireKnife'
                68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                  Im sure i read that its now a recognised sport over here too .(ill try and find out where i read it)
                  It's barely legal here, let alone being recognised as a sport...

Comment

Right first ferry over to set up a site? get on the dutch bandwagon ASAP!
                    'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Originally posted by Discoshrew View Post
                      Right first ferry over to set up a site? get on the dutch bandwagon ASAP!
                      Could take a while to get there though...lol...

I've never been to Amsterdam....ponders the thought...
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

only an over nighter at most isnt it? Hull to Rotterdam?

we'll set up shop just outside Amsterdam :D
                        'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Its not legal yet. That article explains that the legal framework is now possible, but the laws and regulations theselves still need to be drafted.

I'm a Brit living in Eindhoven, and its a pain. At the moment our weapons are stored in a self-storage just across the border in Belgium, - and when we play we have to drive first to the storage, then onwards to the skirmish location(s) in Belgium. Makes for a very long day.

The sooner its legal in NL and we get sites here, the better.

Comment

^ Maintenance must be a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                              ^ Maintenance must be a nightmare.
                              It is. Basically we have to allocate extra time at the end of a session for cleaning etc, - either that or we drive to the storage on another day specifically for the purpose of performing maintenance.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ThePope Find out more about ThePope
                              Working...
                              X